Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RaeVynn) page

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal (RaeVynn)

Shop Now
    This morning, the scale said 228 lbs.

When I think back to a little over a year ago, when it was shoving its way back up to 282 lbs, my highest known weight, it doesn't seem to be too bad. However, a month ago, it was hovering at 219 lbs.

I don't want to spiral out of control again.

Yeah, some of this could be the sauerkraut, and/or the huge pickle, making me retain some water... along with my period trying to sneak up on me - sorry, I knew you were on the way, since I was a major bitch this past week - but I think it really was the tacos, the fruit, and then, again, the tacos. As far as weekends go, it was a pretty good one, but I really did go a little nuts (OMG, and all the nuts I ate, too) with the off-roading.

On the bright side, I feel pretty good. Not terribly sore, not exhausted, and I'm sleeping better than I have in years.

Still waiting for the fat-burning machine to kick in, and burn the fat off me.

Made primal pizza for dinner... that was good, but now I have hiccups.

So, a bit of backstory:

Chubby baby, fat child, abusive first marriage, divorce, weight loss, college, dating, finding mr. Fabulous, step-children, home remodeling, toxic environment job, went vegetarian, went vegan, got fatter, blood pressure went up, between jobs, got better job, commute sucks, got different job, hate new boss, got even fatter, trying Really, Really Hard at CW weight loss, fibromyalgea, working on Accounting degree, and....

it all just collapsed around me.

*breathes*

so, here I am, eating mostly paleo, almost always primal (I have discovered grass-fed cheese. And greek yogurt. Yum. I don't want to give them up). I do a lot of walking, occasionally jogging/skaddleing (I'm short), and some body-weight and/or kettlebell stuff. I have coworkers who tell me that I have completely changed, and become more "vibrant"...

I am sleeping better. The fibro is much less of an issue than it used to be. My BP has dropped quite a bit (I don't do meds.). I really can tell that some brain fog has lifted - for a while there, I was worried that I was developing dementia, or mad cow... I kept totally losing words! Now, I can grab most of them as I'm talking

I can see really benefits to eating & living this way. I would love to see some weight loss. Yes, I know... I must cut back on the fruit... but, it's fresh, ripe, and in season for such a short time! I should just eat fruit for a whole day (no fat), and enjoy the hell out of it, then go back to meat, fat, & veggies.

Oh, and coffee is an absolute. I do like it with butter.

Wt: 227.2 lbs

I'm getting impatient about getting bicycles. We've tried out a pair at REI - it has been years and years since I could even sit on a bike, due to the pain in my hips/knees, but now I can. So I want a bike.

I have to work on coursework today.

It's fun to read that in an Ace Ventura voice, try it.
    <Deeppppppppp inhale>
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    So, a bit of backstory:

Chubby baby, fat child, abusive first marriage, divorce, weight loss, college, dating, finding mr. Fabulous, step-children, home remodeling, toxic environment job, went vegetarian, went vegan, got fatter, blood pressure went up, between jobs, got better job, commute sucks, got different job, hate new boss, got even fatter, trying Really, Really Hard at CW weight loss, fibromyalgea, working on Accounting degree, and....

it all just collapsed around me.

*breathes*
    How much do you lack on your accounting degree?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    I think you will find your auto-immune issues get better on primal, or at least being strictly grain-free.

My rheumatologist also suggested acupuncture last year, that made a huge difference. Massage & acupuncture plus stress management and eating grain-free has resulted in almost no RA flare ups for me.

Congrats on the huge loss already! Keep on keeping on.

justyouraveragecaveman, I am (hopefully) in my last term (a term is 6 months, as many credits as I can get through)... I have 35 credits left, 14 of which are "Objective Assessments" - i.e., proctored tests. However, the material is now beginning to get tougher (I flew through the previous courses (53 credits) in two terms - actually, one term plus two months. The rest of the second term I was in a very unhappy place, work-wise, and really didn't do a thing as far as coursework), and I'm slowing down. If I don't finish by December, I will take a three month break, and then do one last term.

I'm attempting to slog through several chapters of "Intermediate Accounting" today.

Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    I think you will find your auto-immune issues get better on primal, or at least being strictly grain-free.

My rheumatologist also suggested acupuncture last year, that made a huge difference. Massage & acupuncture plus stress management and eating grain-free has resulted in almost no RA flare ups for me.

Congrats on the huge loss already! Keep on keeping on.
    Thank you!

I have a standing appointment, every two weeks, with my massage therapist. He does deep tissue massage, and has made a world of difference! I've learned that, whether it is acupuncture, or massage, or intense tickling, as long as the nervous system gets "overloaded", it will "shut down" the random pain messages for a few hours/a day or two.

I think that quite a bit of my functionality has improved since changing to Primal.

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    justyouraveragecaveman, I am (hopefully) in my last term (a term is 6 months, as many credits as I can get through)... I have 35 credits left, 14 of which are "Objective Assessments" - i.e., proctored tests. However, the material is now beginning to get tougher (I flew through the previous courses (53 credits) in two terms - actually, one term plus two months. The rest of the second term I was in a very unhappy place, work-wise, and really didn't do a thing as far as coursework), and I'm slowing down. If I don't finish by December, I will take a three month break, and then do one last term.

I'm attempting to slog through several chapters of "Intermediate Accounting" today.
    I have no idea what system of credits that is, but congrats on your last term! I'm an accountant as well.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

225.6 lbs

My stupid phone app that did work wonderfully to wake me in the mornings stopped working. I woke up anyway, but I have to be able to count on things! I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, and now it won't let me do the custom setting where it only goes off MWF. WTF?

Credits... I missed a few, anyway... it's 96 credits altogether to get my bachelor's in accounting. I've done 61. Some classes are harder, and therefore worth more credits.

My ankles are swollen today. And, my left heel hurts like hell. Usually a sign that my hip is screwed up again.

Still went for a walk, and foraged for blackberries. Yum, I love the gathering part of hunter/gatherer!

It's also CSA day, so we have fresh veggies and some fruit - OMG donut peaches!!!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast