Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RaeVynn) page 8

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Owly.

My spiritual path is a rather meandering one... and not terribly applicable to Primal living, except where, as yesterday, I dealt with an activity with food... food and feasting is an element of our lives. Last group ritual we were part of, I did eat some "cake" that had wheat and sugar in it, and drank some fruit liquor - I did not consider that to even come close to "cheating" on Paleo/Primal, as it was a sacred ritual (It was at someone else's circle. In my own, I would bring more primal fare), and meant to bless all those involved. I figure for 8 times a year, I can do this.

I'm thinking about going back for another 10-day Vipassana meditation retreat, even though they serve vegetarian food... I did okay there as a vegan, but now, I might find the pastas and oatmeal a little much. That's not going to happen real soon, though.

I'm currently making a lovely paleo meatloaf, using ground beef & liver (recipe off PaleOMG site - okay, basic meatloaf recipe is, I'm making minor changes)...

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Sacred food is tricky. I ended up taking prasad in India when we were invited as honoured guests to a Navratri celebration. I'm a celiac, so the consequences were not so good, but I made a decision that it was worth it in that context.

Mmmmm...meatloaf.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Ezestreets is offline Member
    RaeVynn

I'm always looking to learn something new. Please post a link to an intelligent web site that will explain the "pagan/Wiccan " traditions that you referred to.

Dan

This is the tradition I have been trained in: HOME

This has more info than can be believed: Witches' Voice Inc. - 12 September, 2012 - 9:29:48 PM

I read a lot. I'm not done learning, and I have not "settled" on my "path"... I wander a lot.

Q

One really great thing, is that I am finding myself being able to buy (and wear!) clothing that isn't "plus-size"... like, I just got bike shorts!
    bikeshorts.jpg

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I just picked up ten pounds of New Zealand grassfed butter at Grocery Outlet. Thanks for the heads up!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I just picked up ten pounds of New Zealand grassfed butter at Grocery Outlet. Thanks for the heads up!
    You are welcome! When we got our 10 lbs, the checkout person asked, "Is there something special about New Zealand butter?"

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I'm really thinking about going back and getting more but I don't want to deprive you of the opportunity, either. Right now I have 21 pounds of butter in the freezer so it isn't like I need it!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

We have plenty for now.
    Feel free to stock up if you want.

Today, we rode 10 & 1/2 miles on our bikes, and my poor husband got a flat tire.. with brand new thorn-resistant tubes! stupid thorn bush at starbucks, I think.... fortunately, we carry a spare tube and some mini tools, so he was swapped and back in the saddle within 10 minutes.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Q

Did a long bike ride today - 36 miles - with some friends, who pushed us rather well to ride faster! We had a lovely high fat/protein breakfast (sausage with coconut milk gravy, over fat bread muffins. and buttered coffee/roasted cacao. Yummy), then did the entire ride on just water and black coffee, with no real "crash" or loss of oomph.. we did notice, individually, when we hit the "OMG I have to start burning FAT now" wall, which we got at different times (mine was sooner than my husband's).

After the ride, we went out for pizza.

I was really surprised to discover, after the ride, that I'm getting my period. I haven't been PMS-y, though I have been a bit bloated the past few days. Huh.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast