Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RaeVynn) page 6

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    223.8 lbs.

The right side of my back is in some serious spasm. I think I'll not be doing much but schoolwork today.

Today's breakdown of food:

chart.png
    Last edited by RaeVynn; 09-04-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Aww, sorry your back is bothering you! Hope it stops twinging soon!!!
    One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

223.4 lbs.

Woke up feeling a bit better... slept like an absolute rock. I had done the ice pack on the belly fat thing last night while watching Game of Thrones - didn't take a cold shower, though. Maybe tonight.

223.2 lbs.

I find it amazing that just paying attention to what I eat - I still eat as much as I'm hungry for - and emphasizing fat/protein over carbs - makes me start to drop weight again.

Simple enough for me to do, though I would kind of like to live life without tracking macros. Sigh.

I have schoolwork today - and lots of laundry.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Eventually you do get more of a feel for things and may find you don't need to track as much. I sometimes log my food and activity to see how I'm doing, but I don't track strictly anymore.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Thanks, Owly.

I'd been tracking for over a year, on myfitnesspal, before I went Primal. I had dropped 60 lbs doing that... and, some years ago, when I dropped 80 lbs, it was by writing everything down. I was creeping slightly back up the scale since going Primal, I think because I was eating "mindlessly"... tracking it makes me eat "mindfully"... and, apparently, I can eat more than 6' tall lumberjacks.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that's why I still log periodically to make sure I'm on track. It also helps with troubleshooting I find, especially if I track things like workouts, mood, cycle, and weight so I can see trends and relationships.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

primal me is offline Member
    I should get my hubby to track what he eats. He has gained back the 7 pounds he initially lost and when I ask him what he eats he can't tell me everything. I think that going high fat, moderate protein and low carb would be helpful but until I know what he's eating I can't tell if he's getting enough fat. I do know he's eating too many nuts and potatoes.

I'm curious about this cold pack on my belly fat idea. I am going to give that a try. I can't do the cold shower thing though unless its at the end of a hot shower. I like the wake-up call!
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

222.6 lbs.

I don't know if it was the cold bath I soaked in last night, or that I wore blue light blocking glasses all evening while we watched "Castle", but I slept like an absolute rock!

went for a short ride last night... only 6 miles... but had fun.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Fun is important. If you have fun doing things, you'll look forward to doing them. If you don't you'll find any excuse to avoid doing it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast