Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RaeVynn) page 5

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey, do you shop at Jays Farmstand, Michaels Meats or The Marketplace? I get so much stuff at all three of those places and they are right there together! Those and Grocery Outlet are my go-to places. Oh, and Ross and Goodwill.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Yes for Michaels -- we do pick up the game meat there (bison, elk), and occasionally the grass-fed rib eyes. Sometimes Jay's - he doesn't carry much for organic, though, and we do have a CSA share this year, so we get lots of organic veggies that way!, and never the marketplace. personal reasons.

We need to check out Grocery Outlet again... used to shop there when we were vegans, and get frozen stuff or tofu... now, we'll have to check out the cheese/butter/other stuff.

We do most of our shopping in Olympia - farmer's market, food co-op, and Trader Joe's. I work in Tumwater, so I'm up there most of the time anyway.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Where did you get a CSA share through? Somewhere in Tumwater?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Helsing Junction Farms, down in Rochester. They deliver to (among other places) Hoquiam.

Hey, it's Friday! I love Fridays. Every other Friday, I get a massage! and that's today.

I seriously need it today, after Tuesday's mishap, I'm still a bit tweaked in my back. We are planning on a long bike ride tomorrow, either close to 20 miles, or close to 40... depends on how the 20 goes! We have to pick up a couple of things at REI this evening, then we're ready, I hope.

We went for a long bike ride today (49 miles). I fell over twice. Second time, pictured, was a collision. First time was being a klutz.

I'm exhausted. Will discuss more tomorrow.

328971_3739898617015_1954526659_o.jpg

Dinner, and I laundered my VFFs today:

primal 001.jpgprimal 002.jpg

I'm still a little bruised from yesterday's epic cycling trip... and, I'm going to try sitting in a cold (!!!) bath tonight.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I'm so envious of your vibram collection.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I'm so envious of your vibram collection.
    Thank you! I'm a bit obsessed with them...

Today's weigh in: 225.6 lbs

Apparently, I just eat too much. Too much fruit ("But it's summer! Figs, and apricots, and peaches, and plums!! They are all so good!!!"), too much meat ("It's grass-fed! I can have a whole 8 or 10 oz chunk - it's healthy!"), and.. um, trying to think of what else I eat.. oh, yeah, too much dairy ("Grass-fed butter? yes! grass-fed cheddar? Oh yeah, put that on my eggs. Greek yogurt with berries? Please!!"). What's really my downfall, though, is probably the nuts.

Macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, and coconut chips. Instead of a "small handful" of this mix, I'll eat about a cup of it. A cup. This is way, way too much. It's no wonder I'm not losing any weight. I might be losing some fat, with all the biking, walking, and other activities I do, cuz my jeans are fitting really nicely, but I'm sitting at a too high number here.

I'm also really feeling like I have to choose - time for fitness, or time for study? I work three days a week, so I can do a little exercise after work (not too much, since I have to go to bed really early) - long slow distance (bike or walk) is Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Well, um, when the hell am I supposed to hunker down and study the damned accounting? I could put all three of those days into just plowing through the materials/videos, and barely pass.

I sat in a cold water bath last night, for about 20 minutes. OMFG. I'm not sure that it helped much with my muscle soreness, but I do know that when I woke up at 11:30 to hit the bathroom, when I came out, I was lost. I didn't recognize my own hallway. I stood there, staring at the kitchen door, wondering where in the hell I was, and where my room was. I've not ever had this happen to me before. In reading the "cold therapy" thread (whatever the name of it is), someone talked about having a memory issue. So, that might be what happened to me... if it happens again after taking a cold bath, I'll have to rethink this tack.

This morning, I've had bulletproof coffee - butter and MCT oil - and nothing else. Usually, I have a full breakfast plus bp coffee. See, I eat way too much. I need to dial it back a bit.

My husband is putting the bike rack on our car now... we're going to be biking a little around Olympia again, though not 50 miles! I'm still a little sore, but a slow leisurely ride will be good, I'm sure.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I feel ya. I went through exactly this learning curve before - as I was gritting my teeth through another cold shower - I suddenly thought WTF am I doing! Just eat a bit less and within a few weeks changes will happen. Also, not saying this is you, I was really ignorant about the macros of different foods. I tracked for about a month (I can't currently be arsed) and it was a revalation. I also read up on what other women are eating to figure out appropriate amounts.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Good day today - went for a ~ 7 mile bike ride, ate 3 pieces of jerky, and a small asian pear (at our friends' house), and now am eating some salmon (made from a Well Fed cookbook recipe) and green beans (fresh from the CSA box)... very, very low carb day, and I feel great!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast