Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RaeVynn) page 18

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just popping in to say... we are moving.

This is the second day of moving. Packing, sorting, OMFG we have too much SHIT.

So, "STUFF" is like "HEALTHY WHOLE GRAINS"... insidious, corroding, bloating our house... now, I'm purging all kinds of stuff.

New place is an apartment, UPSTAIRS, so, yay, I'll have great buns & thighs, just a few minutes STROLL from where I work. No more 112 mile commute! (that's round trip)

As soon as we get our house completely cleaned out, it goes on the market.

I'll be shopping at places like, yes, the Olympia Local (our son already shops there! he lives in Olympia), the Farmer's Markets, and the Co-op.. plus we can WALK to Fred Meyer, Costco, and STARBUCKS! LOL

I'm already exhausted and sore. We move our bed this weekend, and "flip" residences. Once the bed is moved, we are sleeping there, and then just traveling here for cleaning and packing.

I'm really glad we run on fat now... We've managed about two meals per day so far during this, no snacks. Yesterday, it was 12 hours between meals (sausage and eggs, then for dinner, some beef roast and green beans). I could not imagine being able to hump boxes up stairs all day on grains.... nope.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    MAJOR life changes with a whole lot less stress. I am so happy for you!
    When you work up to taking those stairs two at a time, you'll have the nicest tush.....and I mean that in a very good way.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Yep, I have to climb stairs for my job, you can crack an egg on my cheeks. (Not the ones on my face.)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Thanks

Yes, I'm looking forward to the stairs... plus, to get to work, I walk up the spiral ramp to the over-I5 pedestrian bridge, then down the other side. So, some ramp-age every time, too, plus the stairs.

So very much less stress... AFTER we finish moving.

We were just past Elma today when I realized I didn't have the apartment keys... they were back in Hoquiam. Sigh. So, a bit longer of a trip today.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    I hope the move goes well! I know how exhausting moving places can be.

I still have nightmare's about my last shift. And that was 10 years ago!!

Internet is back. Let us NOT even discuss Xfinity's "customer service" online.

Go into the Aberdeen office. Talk to Kim. It will be done quickly, with a smile.

We've been sleeping here since Sunday. Got curtains hung today, mopped the balcony (apparently, the previous tenets had badly trained dogs, and worse behaving children.), strung up bird netting to keep the kitties safe from a nasty fall from the balcony, and finally, FINALLY, got all the clothes off the new (Huge!!!!!) closet floor and on hangers.

Been running on spare eats, mostly eggs, cheese, beef, and coconut water. Feel just fine.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    So, with this move you save 100 miles a day, 500 miles a week which means over 2000 miles a month. Sounds like more money in your pocket to me. Like getting a raise without actually getting one.

So awesome that you'll be able to do all the good shopping easily. What a great move for you.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

WTF happened to sardines?

When I was a kid, sardines were the size of bait..

I just opened a can of "sardines", and I've got the bodies of three FISH in here. about an inch and a half wide! Oh, and no heads.
    Well, at this size, I wouldn't want their heads, but I figured that I could handle it if they were - you know, - sardines.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I know! I buy the boneless, skinless ones. I know all the good stuff is in the bones, but... Ick!

I'm afraid I would've been a sorta fussy particular caveman...
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Went for a two-hour bike ride today, exploring Tumwater... tackled some hills - going down was fun - and even managed to carry my bike back up the stairs when we got home.

I am getting stronger.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast