Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RaeVynn) page 16

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We went to Portland, yesterday. Tried the Paleo food cart there, at Alberta & 15th... Cultured Caveman.

Fabulous food. We had the bone broth, chili, and fries. Also had the bacon-wrapped, almond-stuffed dates. Good coffee, too.

IMG_20130119_134435.jpg

Took my dose of MCT oil last night... had a little bit of flushing an hour later, due to increased metabolic action? It wasn't enough to mess up my night's sleep, so no worries.

Deep into the depths of January -- it's the busiest time where I work. Plus, since we are slammed, I work everyday, altered hours, so I'm driving it. I feel like all I'm doing is eating, sleeping, driving, & working.

I think I'm done with the gimmicks. The oil shots aren't really helping, yeah, my appetite is really low, but I think that's not good, as I'm not eating enough, and I'm gaining again.

Exercise, eating right, getting enough rest, that's my plan.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I'm with you on that. Back to basics for both of us.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Reading your journal makes me want to move to the Pacific Northwest. (You are thinking, NOOOooooo, we have enough people already....) But it will be a long time before we have a caveman cart in Maine. Odd, that. Mark is originally from Maine, and we have tons of local farmers and cows and sheep and goats. This should be a paleo outpost!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

There should be a paleo outpost! I agree!

We happily scored some fabulous small pot roasts, for some reason labeled "Soup Bones" at the Oly Co Op. I've got them in the crockpot with mirepoixe, chipolte powder, and a cinnamon stick, with red wine (Trader Joe's Red wine in a box) as the liquid. It smells divine. I believe dinner is calling now...

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I still need to get to that co-op and check it out.

'Your dinner sounds wonderful. Mine is boring.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck going back to basics. I had to do that recently too, all the numbers were stressing me out.
    I am really listening to my body and just eating what I need and the scales are moving down consistently.
    Good luck

Well, I've survived a week of salmonella... that was fun (NOT!). Back to almost normal again.

My ND is having a hormone panel, lipid panel, and a micronutrient panel run for me. Hopefully, first thing we'll be able to do is fix my broken thermostat. Then, perhaps, with some better sleep, I'll be more likely to drop some fat poundage.

I'll be gone for a bit over a week -- my husband and I are going on a cruise! I expect to have a great time!

Leaving today for our cruise... will be gone a week. Will eat as primally as I can, but not obsessively.

See ya!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast