Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RaeVynn) page 15

primal me is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Purchased a turkey breast today (free-range, etc.,), and a duck. Yup, a duck.

My husband just informed me that I'll be wrapping the duck in bacon... *LOL*

I have a ham in the fridge, too. I think we'll have thanksgiving well covered...
    I really wish there was a "Like" button, duck wrapped in bacon sounds like something my boys would LOVE!
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    It ended up not wrapped in bacon, but it turned out okay anyway.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if you are avoiding dairy, but Grocery Outlet has an all natural mascarpone cheese in stock right now. Oh, yum!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I am avoiding most dairy, and sticking to grass-fed for what I do eat... I'm still fighting inflammation. sigh.

I do love a good mascarpone..

At work, it is now "JANUARY", which means longer hours, working every day, and getting home barely in time to go to bed. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I just dumped my Facebook account.

My time is way too precious to waste there anymore. FB has too many changes, privacy issues, sponsored posts, and the algorithm for sorting posts in the news feed is just way to frustrating. I'm done.

Seriously?
    Last week, it was the washer. Dear Husband fixed that.
    This morning, it is the fridge. The freezer isn't, and the fridge is getting warm. Dear Husband has other obligations this morning, so the fridge will have to wait, and we just got a shipment of bacon! I'm fretting a little over the food in the fridge... it is nowhere close to freezing weather here, and sticking it all in a cooler on the porch may not work for long. Okay, it's 35F right now, that might keep it okay for a bit...

But I have to go to work. I feel awful for leaving this for my husband to deal with, but I can't diagnose these things, or fix them, and he can.

My eczema is also very inflamed. Has been all week. I've been sleeping okay, and have been trying to keep nuts & dairy to a minimum. We tried some Essential Baking GF bread - the label didn't have anything obviously objectionable, like legume flours or unpronounceable chemicals - but maybe my body doesn't like "bamboo flour".

Owly is offline Senior Member
    At those temps, the porch makes a very workable fridge (in fact, some of your stuff may freeze). In my part of the world, a lot of people use their porches or balconies as extra freezer space, and my garage makes a perfect extra fridge if we're having a party. I think your bacon will probably be just fine until he gets home--even if it's frozen, it's going to take a looooooong time to thaw if you put it outside in the cooler. Just make sure to critter-proof it or you may find the neighbourhood dogs have had themselves a bacon feast!

Bamboo flour? That sounds like a bad idea to me.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Good news, DH has (temp) fixed the fridge! When the new compressor relay arrives, he will Fix it.

He passed his test, too.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Yay for working fridge! Yay for passing tests! Yay for husbands who fix things and then Fix Them!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I sure hope you've had some wonderful bike rides in this beautiful sunshine we've been having. You and I both know what a rare event this is to have this many sunny days in a row. I'm really going to dislike going back to our normal pattern.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast