Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RaeVynn) page 14

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    and Honeybuns, thank you.

Yes, I'm much healthier than I used to be. Look better, too, people keep telling me!

I started the 90-day journal thing today. My weight had gone up a bit, and a few measurements are a bit larger... and my skin is all inflamed. I think it might be dairy... I've been playing very fast & loose with cheese, and corn tortillas/chips way too often.

I know that we aren't supposed to focus on what we are "denying" ourselves, but I did turn down Greek Yogurt today.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    That should help you figure it out. I know I was quite surprised to figure out that corn of any kind immediately wreaks havoc with my sinuses.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I'm on the fourth day of minimal/no dairy (we'll not discuss the sprinkle of parma on my spaghetti squash), and things are happening! Good things! I've begun having regular "downloads" again... and I'm seeing the scale move downward.

Dairy is, apparently, something I'll have to have rarely, and in small doses, if at all.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I have to watch the dairy intake too. I can have some, but it tends to creep up on me if I'm not aware of it, and in larger doses it tends to do Very Bad Things to my system.

I was astonished to read about your conservative Christian past. I shouldn't be--I also had a detour down that path--but I was still quite surprised because it feels so disconnected from the woman you seem to be now.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

The weight is dropping. I'm not being perfect on the no dairy thing, but I'm keeping it very, very low, and occasional. Today I had about a tbls of grated grass-fed cheddar on my eggs. Just barely enough to taste. I turned down Greek Yogurt again last night. Sigh.

I miss Greek Yogurt. And Kefir La... something. It's kinda like sour cream made from Kefir. Labine? Yeah, that might be it. And cheese... dear Goddess, I have some swiss, and some cranberry Stilton in the fridge. And Feta.. way too much Feta... and some Bleu. Good thing we have a party next week... I can take a cheese tray!

All is not lost... just misplaced for awhile

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Labneh? It's a kind of strained yogurt cheese? Super yum.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Christmas can't get over soon enough.

Between trying to get my pain med/sleep dosage right, and having way too many treats around (with reduced resistance), I'm bloated like crazy.

I'll be very glad to get back to just meat & veggies. Seriously.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I hear you on that one. Not ten minutes ago DH said "I sure can tell when I stray from the way we've been eating. Not worth it!"

Just think of it as a temporary side trip.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've had a very stressful few days, and have not eaten my way through them! yay!!

This is a major change for me.

In other news, there is no real news. Carry on.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast