Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RaeVynn) page 13

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good job on the sardines. I still can't do them. I figure there's sardine oil in my fish oil capsules, so I am at least getting some of the benefits. The bones in canned salmon are icky too. I know, silly when I happily eat marrow, can pick a chicken carcass clean, and love bone broth.

Good score on the casserole! I have an imitation one as well, plus an enameled iron Kitchenaid dutch oven and a very old real Creuset saucepan I inherited from my mother. My cookware weighs a ton.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I have a whole chicken in my crockpot! Okay, so I "chickened out" and gave the neck/extra skin and the gizzard to porch kitty, but I do have the whole rest of it (a nice, free range bird) in the crock, with an onion.

Eventually, I'll have chicken broth, after the bird is cooked, meat all picked off & eaten, and then the carcass gets stewed.

Went for a "long, slow" bike ride... and got really wet. Not really rain yet, it's just a light drizzle. Was looking forward to having a nice sauna session when we got home -- except our sauna is not working. It was fine the last time we used it, before summer... plugged it in, and it won't heat up.

Well, I guess it's warm shower time, then.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, but if you get one with all the giblets those bits are wonderful in your stock.

I usually roast the neck along with the bird (detached before cooking) and then use it in the stock too, but I know it takes a bit of time to get used to the vertebrae and not get grossed out.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Purchased a turkey breast today (free-range, etc.,), and a duck. Yup, a duck.

My husband just informed me that I'll be wrapping the duck in bacon... *LOL*

I have a ham in the fridge, too. I think we'll have thanksgiving well covered...

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Oh, duck is soo tasty!

I got a list of Grays Harbor Farm Direct places and thought you'd like to know that there are several options for grassfed beef and buffalo right in Grays Harbor as well as pastured free range chickens. IN GRAYS HARBOR! Whoda thunk it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

The ones I've looked at, Honeybuns, up until now, were sources for buying half a cow. I'm not ready for that, as we don't have a separate freezer yet. But, I am interested in doing that in the future. Hmm, chicken.

In other news, my daughter has left her husband (again), and is temporarily staying with us. It's been over 12 hours now, so this time it might actually stick.

Okay, I'm back.

Daughter went back on the fourth day. I won't even hear from her for a few months now (typical pattern).

Made it through thanksgiving - went for a short shopping trip to the mall, got a couple of tops at Macy's. No, not christmas shopping. We haven't decided what we are doing about christmas this year. Maybe almost nothing (we do have grandkids, so "nothing" is not an option).

My weight is up. Yes, I know, the scale lies. However, I think it might be telling the truth this time. My husband is completely on board this time to clean up our diet better, though I'm not sure that means he'll quit drinking alcohol... his "20%" tends to be brewed/distilled.

There is a part of my mind that insists that it shouldn't be this hard to lose weight. That I should just eat normal food (not grains, though... they do give me a tummy ache), and that my body should just be able to slim down to a normal weight, without having to weigh/measure/document every single calorie.

On the bright side, today looks like it might be a decent day to get out and do some cycling! yay!!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I am right where you are at. Weight loss? Not recently. I am just going with the "I am eating much healthier than I was. Damn hormones." I am getting tired of going up and down and up and down and.............how many calories is there in air, anyway?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We walked to Aberdeen today. 5.5 miles round trip, plus we did more walking shopping...

and I've had WAY too much sugar today. SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR!!!!!!!

Just ate some turkey and paleo dressing... I'm good. Really. I'm going to crash tonight.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast