Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RaeVynn) page 11

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Q = 230.2

Sigh.

and I'm not feeling well, besides. Granted, I feel not as not well as in previous years at this time, but that change of season/weather change/autumnal allergy thing seems to be creeping up on me.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Hi RaeVynn...I just read through your primal journal and noticed your struggles with weight loss. It appears to me that you are consuming too many calories. I know that in Paleo our focus is not supposed to be on calories but on the content of our diet. However based on my experience you need to do both. Have you calculated your BMR and are you staying under this in your daily net calorie intake (net calories are calories consumed minus activity calories burned)? Also, are you completely gluten free? Most importantly I suggest doing the Whole30 program as this will definitely get you going in the right direction. Wishing you the very best!

Here are some helpful links:

http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

http://www.livestrong.com/free-calorie-counter/
    Last edited by canuck416; 10-10-2012 at 12:17 PM.

I have a headache today. Oiy vey. It feels like a hangover/dehydration headache, but I have no idea why I would have one... I had water before bed, more at 6am, and I slept really well.

We had chicken for dinner. Haven't had chicken for awhile. Hmm.

229.3 (there was a bump in between weighings)

Had dinner at Red Robin last night... burger wrapped in lettuce, with steamed broccoli on the side. It was really good. I should have remembered to have them hold the mayo.

Floor manager came over,... turns out, he's done Paleo! He said he followed Robb Wolf for 7 months, lost 40 lbs, and really loved it, but couldn't eat at work. He was very friendly and nice.

Got our new scale - the Aria... it not only weighs me, it tells me how much of my mass is fat %. Um, wow. I'm hoping this will help to motivate me to do more kettlebell workouts!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Heading to Red Robin for our 35th anniversary next Sunday!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Do have fun!

Tonight's dinner is clams - husband wanted to go digging, so he did! Took him less than a half hour to bag his limit... he's frying them now (dipped in egg, then almond meal, fried in bacon fat & butter). I'm hoping to enjoy a couple of them - I have to be careful, as I have a severe allergy to oysters, and other shellfish can make me ill if I overdo.

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Do have fun!

Tonight's dinner is clams - husband wanted to go digging, so he did! Took him less than a half hour to bag his limit... he's frying them now (dipped in egg, then almond meal, fried in bacon fat & butter). I'm hoping to enjoy a couple of them - I have to be careful, as I have a severe allergy to oysters, and other shellfish can make me ill if I overdo.
    Yummy! Would those be razor clams? Hope you enjoyed!!!
    One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Yes, razor clams. I had a bite of one, and realized that it would not be a good idea tonight. So, I had fried eggs and onions, instead.

Q is bouncing around. 231 lbs this morning. It is almost certainly the fried cheese I had last night. OMG yummy, but also salty, and yes, it is cheese.

I picked up some Emu oil yesterday -- going to try it for the eczema. I keep hoping I'll lose the systemic inflammation, and then that will go away. Yeah, I know... I have to dump the dairy entirely for awhile to see if that is what is keeping the SI going. Sigh.

We took our bikes in to get their warranty checkups/adjustments (my derailleurs are out of wack - my own fault), and they won't be done until Tuesday. *sobs* I miss my bike already. On the "bright" side, it looks like it will be raining all weekend, so we might not have been off riding anyway.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I'm starting to wonder if the issues with weight that you and I are having could be blamed on living in Grays Harbor.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast