Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RaeVynn) page 10

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sunday breakfast: Buckwheat waffles, fried eggs, and bacon, with real maple syrup. This is my splurge day, as we are having a family get-together. Yup, a whole day of it.

I imagine I might have a "taste" of a few things, but I won't eat much of any one thing, as that's my usual pattern at these things.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I was just at the Lacey Costco and they have three 8oz Kerrygold butter for 6.99. Better than Trader Joe's? They also now carry big containers of Nutivia coconut oil.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Yes... it is cheaper than TJ's price ($7 vs $9)... but I have so much butter in the fridge!!

We got two of the Nutiva Coconut Oils, too.

I thought about getting the Kerrygold then I remembered the 20plus pounds in the freezer!!

Q = 228.8 lbs.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Q = 228.8 lbs.

*sigh*
    I know exactly how you feel.

Tried for more/better sleep last night... but forgot to use my blue-light-blocking glasses. Do they make a difference? Well, according to my fitbit, I got 9 hours of sleep - but my night was full of pink lines! (Pink lines denote movement - tossing and turning) When I've used my glasses, I have a lot fewer pink lines, and usually 2 or 3 hours of no movement at all, in a stretch.

Got up this morning and went for a walk! Woo hoo! morning walk, over the bridges (2.5 miles), with bright morning sunshine in my eyes... supposed to help with all sorts of things.

Right now, I'm enjoying a cup of bone broth... Wish my bone broth would turn out as good as what I hear. I use beef marrow bones, roast them in the oven, then cover them with filtered water and a tbls of either red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar (whichever one I grabbed. I've tried it with both), bring to a boil, then simmer on low in the crock pot for days. I think I started this batch on saturday. Today I strained it, and cleaned off the bones, then put it all back in to simmer longer. The bones are not getting "soft", and when I refrigerate the broth, it does not get "jelly". My bones had quite a bit of stuff on them, shreds of meat/some tendony like stuff, plus all the wonderful marrow (I've saved all that, and am using it in cooking).

I keep telling myself that I'm healing - that's why I'm not losing weight. I'm healing. I still have plenty of signs of systemic inflammation, so I'm not there yet. And, I really need to ditch the dairy, but I LOVE grass-fed whipping cream, and raw sheep's milk blue cheese (OMG), and the organic, full-fat kefir yogurt stuff I found (OMG), and then my husband will fry up some grass-fed cheddar in bacon grease.

I usually have ONE item from the above list in a day. Except yesterday, we did have a chunk of baked brie. no pastry, just the brie, with walnuts, currants, and some maple syrup on it. With a sliced apple. It was yummy. I'm sure that it will take awhile to work that one out of my system.

Got my 90-day Primal Journal. Got today's weight and measurements.

Wow, he offers space for a LOT of measurements - not just body, but for everything. Very clinical. I feel bad skipping a lot of it, but I'm not doing blood tests (for example) right now. I should wander down to the fire department and let some hot guy measure my blood pressure, one of these days.

I keep doing things now that I couldn't do before, and think "I should be making note of this"... like on our bike rides, I can ride up slopes much easier, our rides are getting a lot faster, etc. My butt hurts less. My balance/agility is improving, too.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    The presence of a hot firefighter might create some unreliable blood pressure results.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good job on reminding yourself that you are healing. I think we forget that too often.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast