Thread: 3 days in and a few positive observations page

Elizbeth is offline Junior Member

Red face 3 days in and a few positive observations

Shop Now
    I started PB 3 days ago, and I have to say this is the first time in 25 years that I don't think about food constantly. I have tried many times to eat healthy and loose weight. Sometimes with luck other times not so much, but in all cases constantly hungry.

I'm not someone who seems to be well tuned into listening to my body, however, I noticed yesterday afternoon that my body was almost vibrating or buzzing. It's difficult to explain. Nothing uncomfortable, but different almost like excess energy. I have also notice the last couple of days that I don't get sleepy in the afternoon.

The biggest improvement was this morning. I got up about 7:00 a.m., as usual, and after about 10 minutes I realized I was basically pain-free! I would be considered obese and have had chronic back pain since my early 20's from an injury. I also have suffered for years with chronic joint pain from my neck down. Normally, when I rise in the morning, I ache all over, and within 10 minutes take 2 - 4 ibuprofen to dull the pain. Additionally, I did not wake up during the night with my arms asleep, which has become pretty common in the last year.

I don't know if all of this can actually be attributed to my change in eating habits for just 3 short days, or something else, but I can't imagine what else it could be.

I pray it continues.

Take care,

Elizbeth

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Yes, turning off the obsessive thoughts about food and the constant hunger was the first thing I noticed. And then the pain went away. The pain is from inflammation caused by vegetable oils. Eventually I felt both physically and mentally so much better. Mentally I was no longer crabby, depressed, scared of people. I feel like a totally different person now than I used to be.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizbeth View Post
    I'm not someone who seems to be well tuned into listening to my body, however, I noticed yesterday afternoon that my body was almost vibrating or buzzing. It's difficult to explain. Nothing uncomfortable, but different almost like excess energy. I have also notice the last couple of days that I don't get sleepy in the afternoon.
    I know the feeling. I'm new to primal too and I feel like my blood is energized, like my veins are happy and doing a happy dance and it makes me feel so much more awake. It's hard to describe exactly, the closest I can think of is the feeling I would get with a slight alcohol buzz, but without the brain fog and giggles.

I also hope this continues forever!

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    All the best wishes and good luck, Elizbeth and SarahW!

I'm almost two years in and while it starts to feel normal to feel great, I'm so glad I changed my way of life and only wish I had done it sooner!

Cheers!
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Thanks for the warm welcome and comments.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Your comments resonate with me. I am into my 6th week primal and remember feeling almost instantly better once I adhered to the Primal lifestyle. I have been pretty much 100% however last week, while away at a conference, I resorted to eating the smallest, little triangle of pita bread. What ensued next was not pretty! Within a very short period of time, I felt quite sick and had to run to find a washroom --- not a good place to be! What is demonstrated to me was this: My body is now loving the new and improved lifestyle and is quick to voice its displeasure if I step off the track. How smart our bodies are, and in hindsight, how much abuse my body has experienced on account of my stupidness in the past. Thankfully, we are on to a greater path, thanks to Mark and all the responders on this blog. Onwards!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Louisa655,

I am glad to know that I wasn't imagining all of the improvement! I don't think any of us are stupid, we have tried to live healthy and maintain our weight, but unfortunately for decades we have been "fed" a huge load of made up crap...pun intended. ;o)
    Thanks for all of the comments.
    Last edited by Elizbeth; 08-26-2012 at 08:23 AM.