Thread: Cheap Nuts page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I am spending a fortune in nuts, so I'm trying to find a place where I can buy them in bulk at good prices. The cheapest I have seen so far is Costco. Anyone know of better/cheaper places?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Dream Guest

I just found out that Blue Diamond has whole almonds at wal mart by the pound, good price, the nuts have always seemed great to me.

Also, Blue Diamond now has almond butter at whole foods for significantly less than competing brands.

"Winco" has a nice little Bulk section. They are not everywhere, but springing up more and more!

Try to go to a co-op or someplace with 'bulk' foods, would be my suggestion.

"Marlene's" here on the West Coast has a FABULOUS bulk section that I get giddy to visit!

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Blue diamond seems like a good option, thanks a lot. I´ll take a look around wal mart. SF88 I checked but unfortunately there are no Winco´s here in NYC.

I also checked online for nut wholesale´s and found very good deals, but the shipping is too high, usually as expensive as the product itself, so it´s not worth it.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

rahchis is offline Junior Member

Sinner,

Have you tried any of the Fairway Market stores? I think they've nuts in bulk.

roccoernest is offline Junior Member

I was going through a ton of almonds - both raw and flour made from the raw - and found http://www.justalmonds.com

They deal mostly bulk, but the prices were good - $20 for a 5 lb bag! I pull 4 lbs out and freeze them. Flour prices are also as low.

Krist Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Don't know if you have Fleet Farm / Farm & Fleet stores in your area, but they sell bags of walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds and honey glazed soy nuts for $4.99 each. They are at least 1 lb bags (could be more, can't remember). Thats the best price we've seen in our area, and I think it's pretty reasonable.