Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 22 and Primal page 2

Adrigg8 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Richard- Thank you so much for your kind response. I hadn't posted height, weight or anything because my goal is not to gain or necessarily lose any weight. I am 5'11" and have generally been between 115-130 pounds fluctuating over the past 4 years. Right now I am 132 which is the most average weight for my height I have ever been. In March I was 120, the issue for me is that I gained that 12 pounds due to drinking heavily everyday and also by binge eating things like doughnuts (my favorite), pizza, doritos, snickers, etc. This weight is good but I would rather gain it in a healthy way.

This morning I tried something different and made a frittata for the first time. I used broccoli, zucchini, red peppers, garlic, heirloom tomatoes and...eggs (obviously) but specifically 4. I split this with my roommate so I ate about half maybe a little more with 3 slices of bacon and half orange. Also 1/2 decaf and 1/2 almond milk coffee.

I don't eat any dairy although I am sure cheese would be a great filler. Hopefully my roommate and I get our dream jobs soon and are able to buy tons and tons of different meats! We have a whole wish list of primal friendly items we hope to be able to buy one day and more bacon is definitely at the top of the list.

Thank you for your lemon suggestion, I will be giving that a try tomorrow morning!

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Your welcome. When I work a night shift I was having a couple of cups of T during the 12 hours. Now Its one cup and one or two honey and lemons. Keeps me awake and is yummy (if you get the quantities of honey and lemon right).

At 5'11 even 130 is not heavy at all. Gaining 12 pounds due to alcohol is not bad at all. Ahhhh the student days. I dont drink anymore (the occasional glass of wine, but its so few and far between that I dont even count it) but thinking back to about 2-3 years ago Id kill myself if I tried to keep up with a 24-25 year old me.

Yeh eating primal/paleo isnt always the cheapest. If you still like a drink (only on special occassions of course), go to 'seasidekitchen' OR 'cave girl in the kitchen' The seaside kitchen site has paleo cocktails.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Oh my my my what a day Day 4 has been.

Debated not going on a date with a man due to being new to this lifestyle and "scared" to go out to eat. Especially with someone who I have not eaten with before...didn't want to run him off but he was very understanding and tried to find us a place that would be okay for me. There was a lot of "Oh! They have this" and me saying that's great but now I can't have "that" because it has "this". We finally settled at some cuban place where I ate:

Yuca frites with garlic tomatillo dipping sauce (yes, the yuca frites came out fried...i guess i should have realized that but for some absent-minded reason I thought they would be baked) So I have definitely messed up my 30 but I will keep going anyways, at that point I didn't have it in me to send them back and make a big deal about it. Yes, they were delicious.

I also had a side of grapefruit.

After that, I came home and made Paleo Pumpkin bread which took like 3 hrs but is so totally worth it but bad at the same time because it is still bread... I was upset about earlier and ended up eating apples, that bread with honey, and almond butter for DINNER. I have the worst headache and no one to blame but myself. So now what... has anyone else fallen off that hard? I feel like a phony and like I have a total lack of self-control...off with my head!

888erkan888 is offline Member
    I'm also 22!

Isn't it nice to be young and know about primal living? I'm so grateful for all this info.

Take care!

Date 2? A chance to convert someone?

I made banana bread. I thought it was ok b/c I used almond flour. Yes/No?

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Day 9...

I fell of the wagon a bit over the weekend and was putting off journaling it because then it would be even more of a reality i guess. My eating has not been that bad but I did go out with friends on saturday night and indulge in way too many drinks and stayed up way too "late"..early. Since then, I have been unable to get back on my healthy sleep schedule I kinda had going and have not had any energy. I am also completely broke right now and almost out of anything that will keep me from dreaming of a quick fix like a bag of chips. But I wont do that to myself, I have come too far. I can't say that I am totally grain free considering the beers that I had. It is unfortunate that not every bar has wine, I figure that would have at least been a little better but regardless, I slipped big time in my eyes and dont feel so hot about it.
    On a happier note... I got a part time job at a gallery in chelsea that starts next week! I think having some routine in my life will help curb cravings and will also help keep my sleep schedule on track. Looking forward to some structure!

There is no way I can remember what I have been eating so I guess I will start over with today.
    I attempted to make sauteed baby artichokes this morning but have never been able to do artichokes very well and failed once again. So I ate a couple of those but was having to pull most of it out of my mouth as they were tough and clearly not cooked properly...
    2 pieces of bacon
    Handful of pistachios
    Spoon of almond butter
    1/2 cup decaf coffee 1/2 cup almond milk

I am starving...

Karma is offline Senior Member
    You have no control over the past, let it go. Live in the here and now and life will be more manageable. Going straight to Whole30 is a pretty drastic step, perhaps cut yourself some slack while you get the learning curve to drop a bit. Be OK with the 20% rule for a while and become more comfortable with your new lifestyle first. After a while, perhaps you will meet more like minded friends and learn from them too. Lots of Paleo facebook groups and met-up groups are out there, look for them.

Thank you Karma. I know being hard on myself is not the way to go. Tomorrow is a new day and I am grateful for that.

For lunch I went down to the corner store and bought a plum and two sweet potatoes. With one of the sweet potatoes I cut it into chunks and roasted them in coconut oil in the oven. The other I sliced very thin and "fried" in bacon grease in the cast iron skillet to make chips (yum, highly recommend).
    Kale and spinach salad topped with roasted sweet potato, green peppers, red onion, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice.

Another cup of "coffee"

Dinner:
    Burger (no bun) add bacon, side of squash and zucchini
    An assorted plate of pickled things (okra, watermelon rind, green tomato, hard boiled egg, beets)
    1 square of 72% dark chocolate

Day 10

Woke up with a sore throat :/ and not much of an appetite so I have had a cup of hot water with some ginger and lemon. Unintentionally doing a pretty big IF, don't think I will make it 24 hrs though. I am headed to the store in a bit.

Honey and lemon....thats where its at.

Richard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast