Thread: So happy to have discovered this! page

DivineOblivion19 is offline Junior Member

So happy to have discovered this!

Primal Fuel
    I posted in the intro thread but I wanted to introduce myself more! I'm so glad to have discovered this way of life!! I'm a 30 year old female who's been obese my entire life. I actually would sneak food all the time as a child and was pretty much compulsive over eater. About 2 years ago my mother and her brother were both diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Both of them have always suffered from major health problems pretty much their entire lives and we now know that they are all secondary to their gluten allergy.

My biggest passion in my life is my dogs. I have 6 of them, 4 of which are American Pit Bull Terriers that I show in ADBA. We like our dogs to be very lean and muscular (lean muscles, not bunchy). My dogs are raw fed and exercised regularly. I always see people giving me dirty looks when they see my lard ass walking a very lean dog around (especially since our fat society thinks our pets should be fat too). People either assume I'm starving them or that I've just rescued them LOL not the case. So I finally decided that I should be eating and exercising as well as my dogs. It's time to take care of myself and not just them.

Last year I was all about changing my diet and eating gluten free and I was successful in weight loss and exercise but then I broke me foot. My boyfriend was cooking for me and that meant back to old eating habits. After 8 weeks of non weight bearing on my left foot, then surgery, then 4 more weeks non weight bearing on my left foot (yay crutches!), I'd successfully gained all of the weight back that I'd lost, plus more.

I finally am back on track with everything and was motivated more than ever to change my life. I'm sick of being obese, but even more, I'm sick of being unhealthy. I'm 5'5'' and 250#. Yikes.

Some excellent friends of mine, that are totally into health and fitness, turned me onto MDA. I loved what I read and bought the books. I jumped in with both feet. I love to cook so it's easy for me (just wish the dogs could clean up LOL) but I'm learning to cook new things. I've also begun walking all of my dogs. I do this in 3 shifts and walk at least 30 mins each shift. I walk them at least 3-4 times a week. My dogs are even shaping up nicer than they did before! I've lost 18# in my first month! I'm feeling amazing, completely amazing.

I just decided to begin IF. I felt totally normal! Who knew???? When I began eating again, I must have eaten about half of what I would have before. I'm going implement it regularly. People think I'm a loon but I don't care. I've never felt as good as I do now. My sleep patterns are better than before. I feel like a rock star. I tell everyone I can about MDA and living Primally. I will never go back to my old habits now!

Thanks so much for the info here! I can't wait to continue learning and getting healthier!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    DO19 how fantastic that you have begun your journey.
    It is the best community here on MDA, and their are posts and infomation on all sorts of things.
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Great to hear you sounding so positive! Well done on losing 18lb in the first month, way to go!

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well Done!!! All that walking is great!