Thread: Primal fatigue page

cbeauty is offline Junior Member

Primal fatigue

My blood sugar levels are fantastic now that I have gone primal, but I have no endurance and need to force myself to exercise. What is wrong with me? I was very insulin resistant, and eating a vegetarian diet with plenty fresh veggies and fruits with nuts and some fish. I experienced horrible blood sugar drops. I've been primal since the first part of June 2012, but I'm still feeling fatigued. I eat between 40 to 80 grams of carbs a day and don't want to go higher because of the misery I was in before from fruit and honey blood sugar spikes.

I follow the Smarter Science of Slim exercise guidelines and enjoy casual tennis, bicycling, walking, etc. I have studied hormonal balance and supplement with minerals and a whole foods vitamin- taking care not to combine minerals that interfere with another mineral's absorption. I also use 16 to 18 hour intermittent fasting- which has helped me understand true hunger and helped me become more self aware.

I am 42 years old and need to lose 15-20 lbs of fat. I am a mother of several children, the youngest is now eight. Any suggestions you could offer would be very appreciated!!

denisedb is offline Member
    Hi cbeauty,

I've been following primal eating and exercise since early July, and I have some very similar issues that you do...can any senior members offer some suggestions or insights? Thanks!

Englishman in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denisedb View Post
    Hi cbeauty,

I've been following primal eating and exercise since early July, and I have some very similar issues that you do...can any senior members offer some suggestions or insights? Thanks!
    I'm sure they could and would offer lots of insight, but most of them won't see this thread tucked away on this forum. OP should re-post this info on the Primal Blueprint Nutrition Forum and watch the replies flood in.

cbeauty is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the suggestion! I just reposted my questions on the 'introduce yourself/say hello' forum. I hope to get a better response. I am feeling better with more energy with consistent mineral supplementation of magnesium and potassium(taken together), zinc (taken alone), and calcium (taken alone). I also have the endurance I need to do SSOS sprints- which makes me very happy!!) I would suggest added mineral supplementation to anyone. It helps with absorption of all nutrients, and these four are each involved in over 300 enzymatic/metabolic functions in the body.

Thanks again

Miss Grok is offline Junior Member
    Hi CB,

Have u checked your iron levels? 1 month into the Primal lifestyle and my energy levels stabilized but did not increase. A routine blood test showed I had low iron and I've been on a 2 month supplement regime to get my levels back up. It's like night and day now. In fact I had so much energy that I couldn't sleep last night and had to do push ups and planks until I tired myself out

Annana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have the same problem, and I think it might be iron deficiency that's causing the problem for me. So I've started taking iron supplements in hope that I'll get my energy back. When tracking what I was eating, I did find that I was never getting enough iron.