Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Long Do People Stay Around Here? page

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member

How Long Do People Stay Around Here?

Primal Fuel
    I've been gone for about a year with some health issues and finally decided to go more or less back on a primal type diet. I'd probably have stayed on it, to some degree, but I think when you don't feel well, it's easier to eat the stuff that you digest the easiest, starchy carbs. Perhaps not wise, but easiest.

I don't think I see that many familiar names now that I'm back, so I'm wondering how long people typically manage to stay primal. Theoretically, forever would be good, but I'm not sure if people do.

Among my own friends, I'm the only one who's interested in it, although my wife may be giving it a try soon.

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    I've been around for a few years, but I'm not here as often as I used to be.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I've been here since April 2011 (I think), but I keep changing my avatar, so maybe that makes a difference.

Or maybe I'm just annoying as crap and you've repressed the memory.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I've just celebrated my first year of primal (not quite as long a member on this forum though, I don't think). Will I stay on it forever? Absolutely! I'm as interested in eating 'that way' as I am in eating the food I give the dogs and cats (well, the stuff out of the can. The stuff I cook that they get I love eating! ) I also look and feel far better than before and want that to continue until I'm about 100 and die in my sleep.

I do remember that you were here, Diana R. Very nice to see you again. I was worried everyone I'd seen here before was gone! I'm kind of looking forward to my return to the primal routine.

I had originally lost about 20 pounds, which had been my goal, and only gained back about 8 the year I was gone, so it shouldn't be as hard to get back into this. My current goal is to eliminate all belly fat.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Still going strong after three years. Definitely staying the course. It's easy to lose interest in the forum, with the same few questions asked over and over. The occasional pearl is cast before us
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I've been here since April 2011 (I think), but I keep changing my avatar, so maybe that makes a difference.

Or maybe I'm just annoying as crap and you've repressed the memory.
    April was a couple months after I dropped off the screen, so I'm not repressing the memory! Nice to meet you.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I have been here about 2 years. Still primal eater and sometime participant on the forums. It's hard to see the favorites fade away and be replaced by the youngin's but that is the nature of the beast I guess
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Still going strong after three years. Definitely staying the course. It's easy to lose interest in the forum, with the same few questions asked over and over. The occasional pearl is cast before us
    Yeah, you're probably right...I notice that I'm reading Mark's blog more than I used to. I'm glad some of the same "faces" are still here, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    I've just celebrated my first year of primal (not quite as long a member on this forum though, I don't think). Will I stay on it forever? Absolutely! I'm as interested in eating 'that way' as I am in eating the food I give the dogs and cats (well, the stuff out of the can. The stuff I cook that they get I love eating! ) I also look and feel far better than before and want that to continue until I'm about 100 and die in my sleep.
    I'm very pleased to meet you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast