Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Long Do People Stay Around Here? page 3

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I've been gone for quite a while myself. Its good to be back after lurking around other 'lifestyle/diet' websites. I keep seesawing between primal and vegan.. while never going vegan I just can't do it, I was interested in it. But if your lifestyle requires injections to be optimal.. well, there is just something wrong with that!

Even after watching 'earthlings' I was turned off meat for a few weeks. Us bad humans killing like we do.. Then I saw a hippopotumus doco.. a mother tries to introduce her baby to the herd, and a young male kills the baby cause its not his.. well.. its not just humans that kill. Nature is cruel.

So, long story short (sort of) I've deceided to come back with more emphaysis on raw foods.. and fish. Funny, since not eating meat for a few weeks I'm sooo craving a nice roast pork with saurekraut and wine.. yummy!!! But I did up the bread/rice intake and now I feel terrible!

But to answer your question, lots of people come and go and come back again... And its good to be back!
    I used to be an avid hunter and fisherman, used to live for those things, found them spiritual even...and yet, there were times when I questioned the ethics of taking another animal's life for short term gain (a meal). However, I'm very convinced that we cannot, at least for now, live in health without eating animal products, so I try not to worry about it. Hunting is probably less cruel than wholesale slaughter anyway.

I've looked around a couple other forums of this type too recently...I kind of think there's a higher level of discourse on MDA than some of the others, for whatever reason. Perhaps the personality that Mark S projects encourages it.

I'm glad to be back also.
    Last edited by Sam Cree; 08-13-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I started my primal journey in January of 2010 and I've been fairly static in how I do things for about two years now. I see it as a way of life that works for me. I'm still on the forum to bits of advice sometimes and to see what's going on in the primal community. I've still never met another primal.
    I did meet one other follower of the Primal Blueprint, but just randomly, a guy who is a friend of my daughter had taken it up...he went from chubby to lean quite quickly. The last time I saw him, at my wife's Channukah party, he'd "fallen off the wagon," but hadn't gained any weight yet from the looks of him. I believe he was planning to go back on.

My goal right now is to get rid of visceral fat.

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back to you too Sam Cree.

Steffturner, I never actually went vegan. I researched it out of interest. I like the idea of a fruit diet.. but humans eat meat. And so do chimps.. but try telling vegans that. I was a member, of a forum, but got so frustrated and eventually I got told off for suggesting an infant be fed goat milk when no breastmilk was available, so I deleted myself. I was sooo mad! Everyone else was suggesting coconut water and banana puree... OMG vegans have been jailed for not feeding their baby properly and the baby died.. again, try telling them that!

So, No, never vegan. BUT.. 2 interesting similarities.. Both primal and vegan discourage dairy and wheat..both not good foods for adult humans.

I've never worried about the ethics of eating animals.. but I am more sensitive to it now and would now prefer fish, home grown/killed and kangaroo. ( kangaroo's live wild, no chemicals in their diets, and one day they just get a bullet to the brain and thats it. they're gone. No transport nightmares or feed lots.)

I'm lucky my husband is very supportive of primal and is looking forward to homecooked lambshanks tonight!

Nothing wrong with thinking for oneself, its the reason we are here is because we thought about SAD and rejected it!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Cree View Post
    I do remember that you were here, Diana R. Very nice to see you again. I was worried everyone I'd seen here before was gone! I'm kind of looking forward to my return to the primal routine.

I had originally lost about 20 pounds, which had been my goal, and only gained back about 8 the year I was gone, so it shouldn't be as hard to get back into this. My current goal is to eliminate all belly fat.
    Welcome back Sam! I do remember the nic, but it's been a very long time.

Things have changed around here somewhat, but there are a ton of cool people around still.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Been here about three years. Can't see straying from the primal path. I only seem to be getting deeper into it. I visit the forum every day but don't post as frequently as many. I do find the forum has less value over time than it did when I was sponging up lots of new info.

PMAC is offline Member
    3 1/2 years and going strong!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Two years in September.
    Still here, but I usually stay in the journals, it can get "weird" in the general forums
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Started posting around January 2010 and was pretty darn active for at least that first year. I haven't been too active as of late. Still haven't met other IRL paleo/primals that aren't athletes. I made enough noise that guys at my muay thai gym dabbled in it and some adopted it, though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123