Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Long Do People Stay Around Here? page 2

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I have been here about 2 years. Still primal eater and sometime participant on the forums. It's hard to see the favorites fade away and be replaced by the youngin's but that is the nature of the beast I guess
    Yeah, but it looks like quite a few of the older ones are still here! Peril's probably right about the same topics being reposted. After a while, I guess we get to know our routines without needing forum support.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    true enough.

i think the reason i sort of stayed/came back recently is because I do have friends and we hang in journals and have nice PM chats and stuff. it's worth hanging out for that imo.

otherwise, i try to answer when i can. some people can get nutty, and I think it's good to assert that it's ok to be whatever fit is that someone else is freaking out about, you know? Like "OMG YOU EAT NUTS! WHAT ABOUT PRIMAL PUFA THEORY? HUH? HUH? WHAT ABOUT THAT!" and you know, I come in and go "nuts are primal. some people have problems with them, so use with caution. stay away from almond-flour primal desserts. particularly if you are trying to loose weight and stuff." You know?

Anyway, it'll be 2 years for us in November, and I think we're staying with it for the long haul. it' really works for us, and doing it all "80-20" is super helpful.

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    I've been gone for quite a while myself. Its good to be back after lurking around other 'lifestyle/diet' websites. I keep seesawing between primal and vegan.. while never going vegan I just can't do it, I was interested in it. But if your lifestyle requires injections to be optimal.. well, there is just something wrong with that!

Even after watching 'earthlings' I was turned off meat for a few weeks. Us bad humans killing like we do.. Then I saw a hippopotumus doco.. a mother tries to introduce her baby to the herd, and a young male kills the baby cause its not his.. well.. its not just humans that kill. Nature is cruel.

So, long story short (sort of) I've deceided to come back with more emphaysis on raw foods.. and fish. Funny, since not eating meat for a few weeks I'm sooo craving a nice roast pork with saurekraut and wine.. yummy!!! But I did up the bread/rice intake and now I feel terrible!

But to answer your question, lots of people come and go and come back again... And its good to be back!

Bron is offline Senior Member
    same back at you

steffturner is offline Junior Member
    I think that many people probably come to the forums for expert advice when they're just starting out. Some people stay for the community. (a great community!). Personally, I find it very time consuming to sift through to find meaningful places to contribute. Once people have the lifestyle mastered they probably don't have the time or interest... they're likely outside moving slowly, playing, getting some rays, cooking or sleeping. Being glued to the puter isn't very primal ;-) I've been primal for just over a year and can't imagine ever going back to my old way of eating. It would be interesting to know how many abandon primal and come back and how many leave and never come back.
    Last edited by steffturner; 08-13-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: thought you mentioned vegan... but I was mistaken...

Age: 44, 5' 2", SW: 128 lbs, CW: 118 lbs, Primal since April 2011

“Like religion, politics, and family planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It's too controversial.“
    ~Erma Bombeck

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Cree View Post
    April was a couple months after I dropped off the screen, so I'm not repressing the memory! Nice to meet you.
    Thanks!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I keep seesawing between primal and vegan..
    Coconut...I'm curious as to why you would abandon Primal to go Vegan. Is it mainly the ethics or some perceived health benefits or something else? They are so different!

“Like religion, politics, and family planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It's too controversial.“
    ~Erma Bombeck

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm still around. Working on my 3rd year here. I kinda float in and out of the forum, depending on whether the current flavor of the week agrees with my mind. I try to be a voice of reason, but most have no desire to hear it, so I tend to drop off more often in recent times.. I'm just not as die hard as most of the folks around here and don't freak if my o3 levels aren't perfect, y'know? Life's to live, not worry about OMG I ATE ONE EXTRA CARB, I'Z GON' DIE!!!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Life's to live, not worry about OMG I ATE ONE EXTRA CARB, I'Z GON' DIE!!!
    I consider myself pretty die hard primal but my husband is not and eating is a big part of our relationship. I will totally have a beer/cupcake/ice cream cone/<insert non primal food here> from time to time with him and enjoy it. I'm fortunate that these little indugences do not wreak havoc with my body or my psyche.

~Erma Bombeck

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I started my primal journey in January of 2010 and I've been fairly static in how I do things for about two years now. I see it as a way of life that works for me. I'm still on the forum to bits of advice sometimes and to see what's going on in the primal community. I've still never met another primal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast