Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating too much? page

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hey everyone! I'm starting PB again after many months going off the wagon and gaining some weight back. I'm thinking that I'm eating too much food b/c everything tastes so darn good!! And I know that I'm eating too much dried fruit, trying to get that carb monkey off my back. I'm thinking I'll go completely dairy-free and sugar-free (including honey) in April, also going to do IF at least once a week. Any other suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated!!

My info: 29 years old, 5'3", 172lbs, long history of yo-yo dieting, Weight Watchers, binge/purging, etc. Fairly active, do Crossfit 2-3 times a week and a long walk or run/walk once a week (ranging from 3-8 miles).

Here's my weekend:

Friday March 26

B: green monster: spinach, banana, peach, protein powder, coconut oil, wheatgrass, amazing grass, maca powder, 1c ff cow milk

S: coffee with full fat creme

L: salad with romaine, tomato, carrots, cucumber, tuna, chia seeds, dried cherries, pecans, red wine vinagerette, olive oil

D: salmon cooked in coconut oil, 2 Primal banana nut muffins, one with butter. homemade applesauce (no sugar)

Saturday March 27

B: 2 eggs, 4 pieces center cut bacon

S: 2 americanos with full fat creme, one naked green juice

L: caprese salade wtih balsamic & olive oil

D: corned beef & onions

Sunday March 28

B: green monster: spinach, banana, chocolate amazing grass, wheat grass, maca powder, cacoa nibs, instant coffee, 1c ff cow milk

4 miles walk one banana nut muffin

L: chicken soup, broccoli & cauliflower roasted in olive oil

D: salad with carrots, cucumber, tomato, bacon, hb egg, olive oil & vinegar

**grazed** bad bad bad

buffalo jerky from Trader Joe's, dried apricots & dried mango, 2 Primal muffins with butter (lots of butter).

Monday March 29

B: 2 pieces center-cut bacon, 1 egg, green monster: spinach, 1/2 c coconut milk, 1/2 c ff cow milk, banana, peaches, amazing grass, wheat grass, yerba mate tea with maca powder and 1 t honey.

S: coffee with cream

L: corned beef, coconut milk ice cream, 1 t almond butter, diet coke

D: hb egg, fresh mozzarella cheese, 2 pickles, 2 Primal muffins w/butter.

Thanks!!! )

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Oceanlogic is offline Junior Member

Cut out the green monster and all these muffins.....

I used to have an elaborate protein drink.....now I have just coconut milk water and protein....also wheat grass is not primal....

Lets face it primal muffins are only reminding you of the real thing....better to change your way of thinking now

Yes go dairy and sugar free...nuts and cheese....less fruit for weight loss...

I know it's hard but the more primal you go the less cravings.....

24 hour IF will make you realize YOU are in control of your body....not the other way around.....

What works for me also is not to eat breakfast but still exercise in the morning....

It burns a lot of fat..... Good Luck!!

Athena is offline Senior Member

Yeah i agree with Oceanlogic. Maybe skip breakfast or lunch in there if u can and have 2 satisfying meals...here is what I have been eating and it seems to work for me:

B: 3 eggs, 2 pieces bacon, 1/2 lb ground beef mixed in, sprinkle of cheddar cheese. + Coffee with coconut milk

L: IF

D: 2 chicken drumsticks rolled in almondflour then baked + BAS or 1/2 lb ground beef + lots of sauteed veggies

If im still hungry ill throw in some more bacon or an egg, snack on a pickle or if i want something sweet ill have some berries or an orange. If i had a big workout ill usually have a small yam with butter in addition to dinner ( i work out in the evenings)

Just try and stay away from the primal treats, they are still treats even though they are primal. Honestly just cut out all the dried fruit and honey and bananas, they are just going to keep triggering you

Good luck getting back on the wagon, its hard when you first start out but you know it gets a lot better after 2 weeks!

cookie is offline Senior Member

"ff cow's milk" means full fat, right?

no fat free crap 'round these parts.

Thanks Oceanlogic & Athena! I guess I figured the green monster was a good way of getting my greens in for the day, but it is really gross without the banana. I can MOST DEFINITELY do away with it, I'm perfectly happy eating eggs & meat for breakfast. BAS with eggs and meat for lunch sounds good, that's what I'll do tomorrow!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Cookie--I have leftover fat-free cow-milk from doing weight watchers (well I guess that was just last week). I guess I could give it to a friend instead of throwing it out??

brian7972 Guest

Your menu seems awfully low-fat-ish to me. Fat, particularly saturated fat (coconut oil, macadamia nuts, e.g.) is particularly satiating and helps me stay on plan and hunger-free.

Brian the one thing I have no problem with is fat! :-)

brian7972 Guest

Yes, upon re-read, I do see the coconut oil, etc. For some reason I only saw the first two dates you posted. Looks pretty decent, in that case. I'd suggest easing into IF, too. Best thing, diet-wise, I've ever discovered...

Oceanlogic is offline Junior Member

Try this egg recipe from my home country....

1. in a sauce pan melt a bit of butter.

2. add a little cream and salt wait till it thickens and bubbles. (very important!!)

3. then 2 eggs or 3....scramble/stir until creamy.

If it is not 100% delicious then it was made wrong......

Let me know and I will post a video....there is an art to it......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast