Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Use of antibiotics page 2

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have a mitral valve prolapse and they used to give me antibiotics prior to cleaning but the latest (as of several years now)American Heart Assoc recommendations are to not prescribe them for at least my issue.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Did you read the thread? Antibiotics for dental if you've had a joint replacement.
    No need to be rude. I did read the thread. And stating that it's only a concern for people with a joint replacement is wrong in my opinion.

I wanted to know why dental cleanings were such a burden on your immune system, that caused some to need antibiotics.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    No need to be rude. I did read the thread. And stating that it's only a concern for people with a joint replacement is wrong in my opinion.

I wanted to know why dental cleanings were such a burden on your immune system, that caused some to need antibiotics.
    The original question was whether it was standard practice to prescribe antibiotics for dental work after someone had had a joint replacement. The answer was yes. There was nothing brought up about it being standard practice for everyone. That is why I asked if you has read the thread. Period

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Lynna, why so confrontational? No need for that level of rudeness in response to a simple question.

Bosnic, roodz answered your question:
    Quote Originally Posted by roodz View Post
    dental cleaning opens up "routes" for bacteria to enter the blood stream directly, which can travel to the heart or joints and cause a infection. I guess it was not uncommon to see heart valve infections following dental cleaning not that many years ago.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    The original question was whether it was standard practice to prescribe antibiotics for dental work after someone had had a joint replacement. The answer was yes. There was nothing brought up about it being standard practice for everyone. That is why I asked if you has read the thread. Period
    You're under the assumption that people with a knee replacement receive some sort of genetic mutation that makes them different than everyone else.

The pathways are identical, dental work is a burden on your immune system FOR EVERYONE. Stop trying to prevent people from learning, and take a step back.

@roodz Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12