Thread: Hammer's journal page

Hammer63 is offline Junior Member

Hammer's journal

Primal Fuel
    Have read the 21 day program book. Primal Blueprint makes sense so I am going to change my diet.

About me: 49 years old. About 25 lbs overweight. Diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis about a year and a half ago. On medication for the Colitis. For the most part my symptons (after medication) are mild compared to other people. I have probably eaten more carbohydrates then the normal SAD diet for most of my life. Pizza, Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, etc. So that might be a good explanation for my Colitis.

What I want from the new Lifestyle: To feel better with more energy. I would like to feel (in some ways) the way I did before the Ulcerative Colitis occured.

I have been adjusting my diet for the last week or so, while reading up. I have no bread for a week and eaten few grains.

As tomorrow is Monday, I will be staring the 21 day program tomorrow.

Hammer63 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It has been over a month. I have lost about 11 pounds. I have a lot more energy. The Colitis is still with me, however, the effects are substantially lessened. Sleep is still a problem. Just need to sleep more.

I didn't stick to the 21 day program. I did, continue eating primal/paleo. There was only one dinner and one lunch over the whole month where I ate badly. The dinner was a work related function in a bar (beer and appetizers). The lunch was pizza, at work.

I have worked out every morning walking for about 20 minutes (a little more than a mile) every day except for 1.

I intend to keep up the primal/paleo diet. I also intend to ramp up my exercise routine. Part of my problem with the 21 day program was the workout.