Thread: Hi from Kettering UK page

Hurtle is offline Junior Member

Hi from Kettering UK

Hi all, first post on here.
    I am totally new to this whole concept, which I found out about on a car forum thread about the people of ASDA (our Walmart equivalent), lol. Anyway, I haven't even finished Mark's book yet, but we are already making changes. Should be Primal in a few days.

I'm 46, 6'3", 101Kg's and 26% fat... ultimate target will be 85kg and 10% fat. I will be happy to see low 90's Kg though.

My wife is 5'3" and 58Kg, she wants to see the other side of 50Kg again.

Neither of us are 'fat', but still not happy with where we are and what we have learnt so far is so profoundly different to CW, but so obvious too.

I look forward to changes over the coming months and beyond.

Cheers,

Hurtle.

KatyG is offline Junior Member
    Hi there, I'm new to all this too, also from UK. I'm doing it alone as my partner doesn't want to try it! haven't got any scales so going to a friends house, who's been on it for 4 weeks and lost 16lbs, to get weighed today, then going to do it weekly after that. I still have loads of questions, it just feels so alien after being told I have to eat pulses, grains and carbs to get fit! I'm also worried as apart from walking there's not much exercise I can do at the mi nute as I'm waiting for shoulder surgery. Anyway. let's keep each other up dated of our progress....good luck

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I started in March, although I am the first to admit that I am nowhere near 100% primal. But, I have given up grains apart from rice noodles every other week when my wife makes a bolognese sauce. Having said that, we're on holiday at present and I fried a load of mushrooms to go with the bolognese a relative made the other day. And, I ate fish 'n' chips last week too.

But, I have lost 32lbs. I walk a couple of miles almost every day and I do HIT rowing on a machine in the garage on a regular basis. My resting pulse has gone from about 60 down to about 50 beats per minute. I was on two medications for high blood pressure and I have been able to drop one of them and I reckon I'm getting close to the time I shall be able to stop the other one as well. My goal is a 36" waist for Christmas. SWMBO whinged at me because I have already bought a pair of trousers for the great day. I read Body by Science and started a strength training programme about six weeks ago. I started noticing results at the second session so I am hopeful this too will aid my stomach shrinking process.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. There's a lot of good information here and I just pick and choose what suits me. Meat and butter suit me.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Hello! Good to see another Brit here. It's great you have defined goals. I find my progress is a lot quicker when I aim to hit certain targets.

Thanks for the replies, there are some pretty impressive weight losses there!
    I've not eaten any bread, pasta, rice etc for about 4 days now, which considering my day normally started with 4 slices of toast, a cheese sandwich and a bag of crisps for lunch and spag bol about twice a week, I'm pretty chuffed.
    I must say, I still feel quite hungry after I've eaten though, hoping that will pass soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtle View Post
    I must say, I still feel quite hungry after I've eaten though, hoping that will pass soon.
    It takes a while for you to get used to eating less of better food. I am still keeping calories down but due to what I eat, not feeling overly hungry. I am sure that once I've lost the weight I want to and go to maintenance calories, I'll feel stuffed.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Quick update... 1 week in and I've lost 3.8kg's (8lb's)

Can't believe it tbh.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtle View Post
    Quick update... 1 week in and I've lost 3.8kg's (8lb's)
    Well done you! I don't lose it as quickly because I do not primal the whole hog. That's the beauty as far as I am concerned, I look at what the options are and eat & exercise to suit myself. At least now I understand the pros and cons of what I'm doing to my body.