Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gaining Weight on Primal---HELP!! page 3

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lardomuncher View Post
    eat less
    Wow... awesome advice

And back to the issue at hand... my issue is that you mention the "D" word a bit much. I don't think of Primal as a diet (although technically any way you eat is a diet ) more as a way of life. You seem to me a bit too much attached to your carbs, and the fact that you fast and then have an urge for a carb binge seems problematic.

Personally, I'd dump the IF, space your meals evenly throughout the day, and keep your carbs relatively low. Eat plenty of veggies, and some fruits but avoid high carb root vegetables and all grains (at least while you're trying to lose). I think that once you get your weight under control, you may be able to better handle some extra carbs (in the maintenance zone) while you're involved in all that athletic activity, but at the moment you're probably hindering your efforts by eating too many.

lardomuncher is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    Wow... awesome advice

And back to the issue at hand... my issue is that you mention the "D" word a bit much. I don't think of Primal as a diet (although technically any way you eat is a diet ) more as a way of life. You seem to me a bit too much attached to your carbs, and the fact that you fast and then have an urge for a carb binge seems problematic.

Personally, I'd dump the IF, space your meals evenly throughout the day, and keep your carbs relatively low. Eat plenty of veggies, and some fruits but avoid high carb root vegetables and all grains (at least while you're trying to lose). I think that once you get your weight under control, you may be able to better handle some extra carbs (in the maintenance zone) while you're involved in all that athletic activity, but at the moment you're probably hindering your efforts by eating too many.
    exactly what I said - "eat less"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123