Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: soy page

Shop Now

What people's thoughts on soy? The only soy I eat right now is edamame (soybean pods) but I do like soy milk for extra protein. Right now we don't drink it because I've heard mixed reviews on its nutritional benefits. Thoughts?

LC

Krist Guest

I'd like to know this as well. I've read some nasty things about processed soy in burgers and the like, and it really has me second-guessing whether soy is a good thing to be including in my diet or not. What about roasted soy nuts?

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

I only eat fermented soy (miso, tempeh, natto shoyu) and no unfermented soy (tofu, soy milk, edamame... even though I really like me some tofu).

Basically its the plant estrogens that I try to stay away from. They dont know if they act the same as native estrogens in the body, or competitively inhibit native estrogens. I am sure there is a lot more to say and I am only glazing the surface, but thats why *I* dont eat it. Supposedly fermentation radically reduces the estrogens in soy.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

SullynNH Guest

As a man I have concerns about the phyto-estrogen in soy which is why I avoid it completely. It's a legume too, so based on Primal Laws is another strike for it in my book...

Dream Guest

I'm with Sully on this one.

Kryz is offline Junior Member

I used to drink soymilk but I've since switched over to almond milk because of the whole hormone issue.

That, and soy is already in a _ton_ of products.

Yes it was mainly soymilk and tofu I was wondering about. I drink almond milk now but I miss the protein of soy milk. I've tried raw milk as well but it doesn't sit well in my stomach.

Uck! I still don't know HOW you people can stomach the taste! (And I'm not a picky eater. I probably only dislike about 2 vegetables, otherwise I eat EVERYTHING).

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Do the research and draw your own conclusions. The drift of it is that soy has never been a major food component, even in the east, until recently. Mostly they ate fermented products.

Soy is very appealing because of its high usable protein content. But the fact remains it is one of the, if not THE most estrogenic food out there.

On a primal diet, there is no use for soy. Your protein comes from good meat and fish.

Grok did not eat soy!

thanks for the info. My conclusion is confirmed. NO SOY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast