Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol test page

ny2001miata is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Probably a silly thing to do and I'm pretty sure I know the answer but here goes:

Last week for a couple nights in a row I had two vodka martinis (no vermouth) before dinner and felt fine the next day. This weekend I had a couple glasses of red wine at dinner and felt like crap the next day. Last night I had two bottles of Samuel Adams Imperial Stout and I am zonked out today. Gotta be the carb crash doing it? What do you think?

BTW, no more beer or wine for me for quite awhile.

chowza is offline Member

I just can't drink the way I used to (and I wasn't a big drinker, either)--especially beer. Sometimes just three in one night will make me sick to my stomach if I've spent the day eating as I normally do (carbs ~50 or lower)...blegh.

Check out my blog here.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I stopped my nightly whisky consumption about a year ago. I drink only socially now. I can hold my liquor as well as ever, but I certainly don't feel fine the next day like I used to! Gin seems to get me the worst -- no tonic, just gin. Go figure.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Oceanlogic is offline Junior Member

I guess being from eastern Europe vodka is my poison...I feel great the next day....but I think it's because a drink it straight with no mix......It's the sugar in juice or pop that give hangovers......

People in Poland "chase" the vodka different ways....

Tea

Bread

Herring

Pickle

Hard egg

etc.......

The hangover cure from the part of Poland I'm from.... is the juice/liquid from kosher pickles...

Here is some advice....

http://regaliavodka.com/russianfeast.html#morning

And yes Vodka was invited in Poland not Russia.....

My favorite vodka is from Poland - Luksusowa Potato Vodka. Makes a great martini. Straight from the freezer, shaken and served with a garlic stuffed olive.

Yes had Luksusowa...do you get it local?

Rock is offline Junior Member

I went Primal 58 days ago and have not deviated one bit from the 10 rules EXCEPT......I drink about three bottles of red wine a week. (I'm a wine collector, 1,200 bottle cellar etc......). I have wondered if I am robbing myself of the full effects of Primal but I have felt so good, lost body fat and so thoroughly enjoyed the scaling back of my former workout schedule that I just can't find the motivation to surrender the nightly vino.

Rock.....I also thought about not drinking but it is part of my culture and I enjoy it...... so why not?

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

I definitely get hangovers (when I drink) way more than I used to, but there are a lot of potential factors that could go into this.

1) Being primal and therefore not eating bread/grains ... back in the good ol' days of high school, a night of drinking was usually accompanied by pizza, chips, etc. Eating grain products whilst drinking does seem to lower the effects of the alcohol (and reduce the hangover).

2) I don't drink that often anymore, so my tolerance is way lower than it used to be. Freshman year of college, I could easily polish off half a bottle of vodka in a few hours, but now 6-7 drinks has me feelin' good.

3) Quality of the alcohol. This probably isn't a factor since I drank cheap crap in high school/freshman & sophomore year, but I will say from recent experiences that PBR gives me terrible, terrible headaches the next day.

Also, the info on that link is pretty interesting, especially since it suggests to drink different types of alcohol in ascending order of proof, which is the opposite of what I was always taught ("Liquor before beer, you're in the clear ... beer before liquor, never sicker.")

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

PrimalCon New York

Hello Oceanlogic,

All the local liquor stores in my area carry Luksusowa. That and Stoly are my favorites for martinis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast