Im looking for advice on how to tweak my diet/deal with cravings. I used to never have sugar cravings. In fact, I always craved salty things like chips. Ever since I've been eating more Primal(since May), my cravings have completely changed. I can walk right past the chips and not even think twice about them... Instead, ever since going Primal I crave fruit really badly. The thing is that I try NOT to have it because if I have it, then I want more and more.

I've known about the Primal diet since May of this year. Lately I have been trying to get more serious with it by educating myself about it, experimenting with different foods, etc. The thing that I haven't been able to do yet though is stay strict primal for more than two weeks.. By strict Primal I mean no dairy, no nuts, and limited fruit(couple times a week instead of everyday). I do pretty well with the no nuts, and I'm okay with the no dairy(I do miss cheese but not milk). I have a real problem with limiting the amount of fruit, though.

For example, these past two weeks I've done pretty well with the no nuts and no dairy. There were days where I would have several servings of fruit, but nonetheless I was strict primal for 2 weeks. Then tonight I messed up. It started with a handful of raisins, then I let myself have some chocolate, and then it spiraled out of control. It ended with 2 slices of pizza. Its always like this. I do so well for 2 weeks and then I eat something that is not primal. And I don't just stop at one non primal food. I eat several.

I guess I am partly ranting about my frustration with myself. I am also however genuinely asking this community for any advice about how to control cravings. Its been a pattern that I do so well with minimal cravings for 2 weeks, and then all of a sudden at the 2 week mark I have these huge cravings for sugar. Any type of sugar. Doesn't matter if it's fruit or chocolate or cotton candy. Do others on this forum have issues like this? Where you do well for 2 weeks and then mess it all up? Does some chocolate and pizza really mess up two weeks of hard work?

A little about me: I'm 19, female, 5'1, 135-140 lbs. Would really really like to lose a bit of body fat. Maybe 10 pounds of total weight. I live with non Primal people, so it's very hard sometimes. I do cook all my meals myself, though. If anyone has any advice, I would truly appreciate it. Do cravings signify that I'm not getting enough carbs in my diet? Or are cravings just a natural by product of being the only primal person in a non primal house?