Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: -Hormonally Imbalanced Mom of Twins - P.S. HORRIBLE Rambler!! page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Welcome and congrats on finding primal eating! Adding healthy fats to your diet may help with some of your hormonal issues.

However, I would encourage you to push for additional thyroid testing. It is common for auto-immune thyroid issues to flare after a pregnancy. I had a friend who spent nearly a year after her pregnancy cycling between complete exhaustion and anxiety filled near-mania. The doctors told her she was fine and has only checked her TSH. It turned out she had tons of auto-antibodies against her thryroid and was cycling between for low and very high T4 and T3 levels.

While waiting for that, if you can add in some magnesium, vitamin D3, homemade bone broths, bone marrow, liver, and oysters you may find that you can stabilize your energy a bit.

And don't worry about weight loss yet!! Heal your body first, the weight will come off when you are healthy
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

EBRoar is offline Junior Member
    Coll, berries in butter is awesome! Using unsalted sweet cream butter and it is just like whipped cream on top (only melted). I have read some people take plantains and cook in butter, top with cinnamon. That sounds delicious as well and am interested in trying that. I added the baked eggs in tomato recipe to the recipe thread, but basically you cut the top 1/2 inch off a tomato and hollow out the inside, removing the seeds and membrane, but make sure to leave the outer portion/skin in tact. Whisk 2 eggs per large tomato with 2 tsp finely chopped chives and add s&p. Pour egg mixture into tomato and top with cheese. Bake in baking dish for 45-50 min @ 350 degrees.
    ----
    Jammies, thanks for all the advice and input! Going to vitamin store this week to check out the supplements you named
    Last edited by EBRoar; 08-13-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Day 3 Back on Track
    ----
    Breakfast: 3 pieces bacon and Primal Pancakes, cooked in coconut oil.

Lunch: BAS (3 bacon strips, tuna pouch, leftover sirloin steak, 4c spring mix, 4 olives, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar)

Snack: 1/2c strawberries, 1/2c blueberries, cooked in butter, added 3tbsp goat cheese..yum!!

Dinner: 2 pork chops and 2 zucchini hash brown patties

Total Protein: 172/Total Carbs: 52

---Exercise: WOD and 60 minutes Pilates/Ab class----

I felt completely FULL all day. I had to make myself finish lunch and dinner. I am still not 100% sure how much protein I should eat. I've read 1 gram per lb (CW 182) but I've also read 1 gram per lean body mass lb (mine is mid 130s...can't remember off top of my head). I feel stuffed to the brim after lunch and dinner (And dinner last night was the same). When I was hungry, I wanted something sweet (imagine that) but did hold it together and finished the day fully primal-hooray

Day 4 back on track (Day 17 since start date)
    --------
    B: Smoothie (inc. 1/2 c full fat Greek yogurt, 1/2c blueberries, 1/2 c cucumber slices, 2 tbsp almond butter, 3 eggs)
    L: BAS (chicken, bacon, eggs, cucumber slices on romaine with EVOO/Vinegar for dressing)
    S: 2 squares 86% dark chocolate
    D: Bacon Cheeseburger Clafoutis 2 pieces

Total Protein: 139/Total Carbs: 55
    "I call this the turf n' turf. It's a 16oz T-bone and a 24oz Porterhouse. Also whiskey and a cigar. And I'm going to consume all of this because I am a free American." Ron Swanson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12