Thread: Iodine Positive results and feedback:) page

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member

Iodine Positive results and feedback:)

Primal Fuel
    Anyone else having any positive iodine results?
    Last edited by longing2bfit; 08-17-2012 at 09:01 AM.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    By the same token when I choose to do something that sounds interesting or feasible to ME, and others come along and make fun of me or try to diminish my methods I ignore them!
    Always a sound policy

I am dealing with a large (8cm) fibroid & really dont want to go down the slice & dice route (my exsperience with doctors has not lead me to be perticularly trusting of them or their methods)
    And among other things (switching to primal etc) I started adding Iodine & moved up to high dose quite quickly. (about 2 months to get up to 400+mg per day) I stayed at that amount for a month and then simply felt that I no longer needed that amount & am now at 150mg a day for 5 days a week and then 2 day break. At the moment this "feels" right to me but I will adjust as & when I feel the need.
    Ive had no adverse effects & have been feeling "better" as a whole. Im due to get a new ultrasound in about a month so it will be intresting to see if theres been any significant changes with the fibroids.
    I wouldent nessisarily atrubit any changes "soley" to iodine but belive it is a large contributing factor..and working in conjunction with everything else ive been doing.
    But 1 thing I can atribute to the Iodine, ive had a large wart on my thumb pad for years that nothing has ever gotten rid of.. It just keeps getting bigger & comes back whenever cut out/treated etc..
    I started putting iodine on it about the same time I went to 400mg iodine. did this a couple times but then forgot about it.. however now, looking at it, its hardly noticable, still there but seems to be kinda drying up/withering away. My personal feeling is that the jump to the higher dose combined with the direct application gave it the kick to start killing it off.
    Also my DH had a lump on his lower lip, always thought this was a mole as he had it when I met him (10 years) within 2 weeks of him taking idoral it came to a head like a blackhead burst & compleatly disapeared/healed up.

I will post results on the fibroid once I get the ultrasound.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

organicsteve is offline Junior Member
    congratualtions, longing2bfit. you have found out what "they" dont want you to know. iodine makes everything work better. anyone can do what you have done. all negative information about iodine supplementation is false in one way or another, most of it simply fabricated from whole cloth. historically, people took iodine by the gram, not the milligram.

btw, breaks are not a good idea in my opinion. the lighter hallogens have their way almost immediately(within 24-48 hrs) and many of them cant be avoided, like fire retardants.

when i found out about iodine i went from survive to thrive!

organicsteve is offline Junior Member
    dinohunter,
    400mg is a really decent dose. you will continue get positive results, no doubt.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by organicsteve View Post
    congratualtions, longing2bfit.
    you have found out what "they" dont want you to know.
    iodine makes everything work better. anyone can do what you have done.
    all negative information about iodine supplementation is false in one way or another, most of it simply fabricated from whole cloth.
    historically, people took iodine by the gram, not the milligram.

btw, breaks are not a good idea in my opinion.
    the lighter hallogens have their way almost immediately(within 24-48 hrs) and many of them cant be avoided, like fire retardants.

when i found out about iodine i went from survive to thrive!
    There's some mighty big statements,
    From reading that one would have to assume that nearly every ailment under the sun can be cured by taking mega doses of Iodine.

Do you have any scientific data to back these statements?

Outside it's use as a topical application as an anti fungal/bacterial I have ony seen data that shows Iodine can assist, in some cases of Hypothyroidism and/or due to iodine deficiency, and there does appear to be some evidence for it's beneficial use with breast fibroids, which may be related to estrogen dominance.

Rearden is offline Junior Member
    L2BF, excellent. I've been toying with supplementing. What is your dose? I'm fascinated by the clearing of your husband's fungal infection. Is he taking it internally, or is this an external application?

My results: I've been painting my face with iodine tincture 4-5 times a week for ~2 months now. The results have been incredible. My face has never been so clear. I have no reason to even wear makeup now. (I also use jojoba or coconut oil to clean my face, I haven't used soap in over a year. The nights I don't use iodine I still use retin-a)