Thread: it's NOT hip to be square page

cadamsgis is offline Junior Member

it's NOT hip to be square

Primal Fuel
    cat_august_2012.jpg

I just found PB in the last week or so. I am on board. I cleaned out my pantry yesterday and am starting primal today.

In July I started with sparkpeople.com (but all that counting calories stuff doesn't work for me) and in part of getting ready I took some pictures (definitely not flattering). I swear I am not this fat in my head – I mean I knew I was fat but not that fat. The unbelievable thing is that for my weight you would think that I would have out of wack numbers from blood work. Here are my stats:

• weight 215
    • height 5’2”
    • Cholesterol 131
    • HDL 51
    • CHOLESTEROL, NON-HDL 80
    • TRIGLYCERIDE 69
    • LDL 66
    • a1c 5.8
    • GLUCOSE POST FAST 116
    • Creatinine 0.7

So when I had my physical in March – my doctor was like yeah your heavy but your numbers are great ….I am a little concerned about the fasting glucose of 116 –and 126 makes you diabetic but your doing great let's just keep an eye on that glucose. Great? Great? Are you kidding me?

I want to state that I am done with all the lame ass excuses and convincing myself that my “numbers are good”. This is not good.

I am short and fat and it turns out I’m almost square.
    I am 5’2” which is 62 inches. My hips and butt at the largest part is 52”.

A square is equal tall and wide and I’m almost freakin there.

Unbelievable!!!!!

I’m going post one of the unflattering pictures because it is what it is….

Time for a change

BrodieMN is offline Member
    Good luck to you!

wildbostonrose is offline Junior Member
    'I swear I am not this fat in my head'

Wow, that sounds like what I said when I finally realized how badly I had let myself go!
    I am on Day 9 of whole 30, and honestly, it is the best thing I have ever done for myself! I feel better daily, have lost 8 pounds and can SEE my body composition changing, which IMHO is cooler than seeing the scale go down. My loosely fitting clothes are like winning the lottery!

Thanks for your wonderfully candid post, I wish you the very best, and if you ever need a partner in crime on this PB journey, drop me a line!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    you have the hot gene... get your health back, you will love life 10 times as much
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you've got the right attitude--good luck, and know that you can find a ton of info and links on this blog and forum.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!!! When I saw my before photo's I almost fell over. I couldn't believe how much I had let myself go. If you stick to it, Primal works! Keep it simple and allow yourself some time to learn and get comfortable. Primal is about being stress free. I find keeping measurements and photo's are more helpful than weight. My primal journey thus far (link below).

cadamsgis is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the warm welcomes everyone

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    You're inspiring me!!!! I'm on my first day today and think that this place is a great place for motivation. Good luck to you!

MissPiggy is offline Junior Member
    Good luck! Stick to PB even if it gets really difficult in the beginning (for some, not for everybody). I had some major carb withdrawal symptoms at first, but when you get over that, you'll start feeling great, more energized, and all the rest will follow.
    Go for it!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good for you, Cadamsgis: I call this "The tipping point" -- you know, the point where you wake up in the morning and you just say, enough is enough -- change is coming. i felt that way, and since being primal for 6 weeks, I'll never go back. You couldn't pay me to eat sugar or wheat again. I feel great, and see the changes in my body daily. I bought new clothes in week 3 and now those clothes no longer fit. But more important than the weight loss, it feels good for my body to take definition again. I'm way more energetic and look froward to my daily workouts which are short, sharp and sweet. Stick to the primal programme and don't over-think it. Your body is going to thank you.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.