Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: olympian diets? page 3

dirk41 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    When I was reading the thread, I was thinking that we needed some feedback from primal athletes... hey isn't there that pro basketball player on the forums... and here you are! Has primal improved your performance? Have you been sick less often? What do your teammates think? Has anyone followed you into primal?
    Haha. I'm not the real Dirk, despite what my sig may say. I can't think of an athlete (Olympic, American football, soccer, hockey, baseball, basketball) who is truly paleo and would call his way of eating paleo.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Maybe that's because what we're trying to achieve with the Primal diet and lifestyle is a "generalist" type of fitness and wellness, not the highly "specialized" fitness of an elite level athlete. We are going for healthy and a "good at everything" kind of physicality, where the Olympians and other elite/professional athletes are usually honing skills in one very limited area.

I expect that most athletes who care about diet as a component of training eat more "clean" than the traditional SAD, whether that includes non-Primal stuff or not.

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    Quite an interesting article in today's Daily Mail (rather an unreliable UK tabloid newspaper) about some of the UK athletes' training diets. It's certainly not Primal, but better than a lot out there!

Four meals a day, no carbohydrates and lots of cottage cheese: How to eat like an Olympian | Mail Online

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by oliviascotland View Post
    Quite an interesting article in today's Daily Mail (rather an unreliable UK tabloid newspaper) about some of the UK athletes' training diets. It's certainly not Primal, but better than a lot out there!

Four meals a day, no carbohydrates and lots of cottage cheese: How to eat like an Olympian | Mail Online
    Interesting article...looks pretty primal (prob not paleo) to me except for the cheese issue for some. I like how they recommend veg consumption closer to Canadian guidelines and almost double that paltry 5 a day.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123