Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange Co-Workers - Do you Know People Like This page 2

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My opinion (for what that's worth) is that most people fall into a couple of catagories, sheeple and boat rockers. Sheeple (who want their individuality as long as everyone else is doing it) are afraid to buck the system. Some giant entity like the USDA/FDA must have their best interest at heart, right? If you do something different without a good excuse (or someone else to blame) you are just "causing problems".

The boat rockers are people like us. Those who aren't afraid to try something different becaused we noticed that CW isn't wise at all. We aren't afraid to say no to the establishment, and in point of fact, will flip the bird to those who would try to force us into their "square hole".

I watch it with my own family. There are 5 adults, and only one (me) is willing to "go against the grain" as it were. The others suck down sugar, bread, and in the case of my In-Laws, pills, because it's not like they are fat.

It's sad (and SAD).

I'm the only one at work that is Primal so people always have comments on what my lunch is. I've been Primal so long now that CW food actually smells like chemicals to me. For example, today they all ordered out to Panda Express. The whole office reeked of MSG and just stench. I tried explaining once that CW "food" doesn't smell like real food and they didn't want to hear it. They all think I'm on some "low-carb" diet and humans are meant to run off of carbs and they couldn't survive without carbs OMG!!!! ::facepalm:: If they only knew what they were cramming down their pie holes....

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Wayne View Post
    I'm the only one at work that is Primal so people always have comments on what my lunch is. I've been Primal so long now that CW food actually smells like chemicals to me. For example, today they all ordered out to Panda Express. The whole office reeked of MSG and just stench. I tried explaining once that CW "food" doesn't smell like real food and they didn't want to hear it. They all think I'm on some "low-carb" diet and humans are meant to run off of carbs and they couldn't survive without carbs OMG!!!! ::facepalm:: If they only knew what they were cramming down their pie holes....
    I always think "rancid oil" when I smell processed food, but yeah.

kiks is offline Member
    I've worked in an office before, and have been on the 'other side'...where i would each those fast food breakfasts, or those tasty donuts and bagels (granted i was younger) but now i can't do that stuff without seeing the negative consequences. And that is what it took, i saw the consequences and i myself realized on my own that i couldn't continue that path; no one made it clear for me. It is great to try to convince someone - and sometimes you can be lucky. Yeah, sheeple and boat rockers sounds about right And ewww to the MSG stench!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12