Thread: New to the Tribe page

barefooter is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Howdy, hello. I'm a 10-day-old PB'r and wayward MDA reader from way back.

Friday before last, I was reading a friend's blog and she mentioned Whole30, which reminded me of MDA and so I came back and decided right that very minute to give up the hard ones (Grains, Dairy) and embrace to easy ones (Meat, Veg, Fruit) and have done so with one exception (dinner party, see below) for the last 10 days.

I'm officially joining the forum because I find myself returning here often for a sense of camaraderie and shared experience. After doing so nearly everyday since my PB switch, I figure I'm better off outing myself than lurking.

Best things about PB so far:

- Energy/Attitude/Optimism

- Sleeping Well, Dreaming Vividly

- I totally smell better

- I am a good cook and didn't know it!

- (Possibly related) Food tastes awesome.

Worst things about PB so far:

- Living with a hardcore vegetarian

- How it feels to eat grains/dairy/sugar now

THE DINNER PARTY

On Thursday before the Friday I went primal, I gloated to our dinner party hosts that I was easy and would eat anything... and that my partner is generally a picky eater, but loves pizza. So we arrive and there are homemade artichoke, spinach, sun-dried tomato, sauteed onion pizzas for us with a golden beet and panko-breaded fried goat cheese salad and this crazy chocolate tasty thing for dessert.

The meal was fantastic. And I enjoyed myself and didn't feel bad about anything. But after, it was like my body went into rebellion. I woke up in the middle of the night and didn't get back to sleep. I was hot, restless, angry, short-tempered. I even smelled bad -- I haven't need deodorant since starting PB.

It was a different way to see how good Primal feels by contrasting how bad SAD feels when smashed up next to it. I think the early experience will help me when I'm tempted by things that aren't primal. Sort of like the mantra that I'm not much a fan of "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." I have earned "Is this worth the wrath?"

hutax is offline Member

Welcome,

Been eating primal for almost a year, its' the best thing I've ever done for my health.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Glad you've joined us!

Timothy is offline Senior Member

Welcome, barefooter! It's great to have you with us.

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Isn't that the truth. But even if it wasn't, taste is fleeting, while good health is round the clock.

Ten days in and you're past the worst of the adjustment pangs, I think. Enjoy your transformation!

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member

Nice to meet you, Barefooter! Welcome!

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.