What are your favorite venison marinades for kebobs? Thanks!
red pepper flakes
• 1 (2 pound) venison roast, cut into chunks
• 1 1/2 cups water
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
• 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 3 leaves fresh basil, chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, combine water, chicken broth, olive oil, butter, garlic, and hot sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and stir in vinegar. Season with parsley, basil, rosemary, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow to cool.
2. Stir in the venison cubes until evenly covered in the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.