Thread: Primal Progress page

MoodyGirl is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Primal Progress

Primal Fuel
    Good morning All!
    I started my Primal Journey on July 1, 2012. I have had 2 "cheat days" - one was unavoidable due to being on vacation and being invited to my Aunt's home for dinner - this was on day 30 - she had spaghetti because she knows I LOVE her spaghetti. So I had a small serving of pasta and a piece of homemade bread and 2 pumpkin cookies. The next day I had a soft serve ice cream (black raspberry - yum!) and 2 pieces of homemade blueberry pie. So shoot me! This one WAS avoidable, but I chose not to! By day 33 I had lost a total of 11 lbs and am now wearing a size 12 jeans instead of the size 14 that I had worn for YEARS! I have had NO trouble sticking with this "food plan" even in spite of many temptations for this former sugar junkie! Thanks Mark and thanks to Becky and Jerry for their example!

David Garner is offline Junior Member
    That's pretty amazing -- I also started on July 1, and I also have had 2 cheat days (unfortunately, mine were last night at a ballgame and today for a friend's birthday lunch). As of this morning, I was down exactly 11 pounds as well! I actually don't relish the cheat days -- I don't feel as good after eating poorly as I do when eating cleaner.

Congratulations on your progress!

MoodyGirl is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    An update - on August 28 I was down 14 lbs and had my annual "well woman" checkup. My blood pressure was 109/65, so the doctor took me OFF my blood pressure medicine that I have been taking for at least 15 years. Totally amazing! I will recheck in 30 days, but am so amped about being off that medicine. Next up is the Prilosec, which I've been taking for many years also. I am now down a whole size in slacks and a whole size in tops - wearing my daughter's clothes now. This morning when I looked in the mirror I said "whoa"! My size 14 clothes are literally falling off me! I never thought this was possible for me!