Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No changes... frustrating! page

AnMa is offline Junior Member

Unhappy No changes... frustrating!

Hi!

I' ve been grain free for a month now. Maybe not completely paleo but grain and gluten free.
    This is frustrating since I am reading everybody's comments about how they feel so good after a week or two, or within a month.
    It's been a little more than a month for me and... no changes. No benefits. The only thing maybe is that I feel I sleep more profound, sometimes.

I have a lot of chronical symptomes like: Acid reflux, bloating, gaz, constipation, cramps, really bad menstrual cramps, headaches (tension), my sinuses feel blocked almost all the time, palpitations, cravings like I am afraid to lack of food and cannot concentrate, no energy, anxiety with sometimes panic attacks (though it's rare)... am I forgetting someting?

Anyway, a lot of people seem to be relieved really fast from those kind of symptomes by eating paleo, or only by removing grains from their diet. So why it's not working for me?? I still have all those symptoms and they even seem to be worst!! I don't understand... do I have to wait longer? Am I doing something wrong? I don't feel normal... my brother is following the diet too and he's feeling great and lost some weight, so our diet is correct, it's me, I'm not normal or something...

I don't need to lose weight though, I've always been skinny and I think I should gain weight before I dissapear.

Oh plus, now when I walk to go to work, it's getting hard to walk. It hurts, like it's demanding too much to my legs, like if I was walking up a hill but even on flat surfaces, like they are tired, but reaaally fast. And that is only since I cut off grains from my diet. It's like I have LESS energy than before instead of more... what's happening? I feel like something might be missing ? Some nutrients? I would like to do some sports but I was waiting for my diet to give me more energy so it would be easier to move...

Should I run to the doctor that might only give me chemical pills?

Is there anyone else in my situation?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You sound really broken. You might consider not just dabbling and go for a Whole 30. It's likely that you have some profound gut healing to do and continuing to eat things that might not be tolerable isn't going to give you any real results. I don't have any major food intolerances myself and I felt awful after 5 weeks of primal. Didn't start to feel any better until week 6 and didn't start to feel better than normal until about month 2. So not everybody gets such short term results.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    People have different issues. Maybe you have a dairy sensitivity or sensitivity to nightshades, and wheat and grains are no big deal for you. I found that nightshades make me feel like crap. Bloat, reflux..... perfectly primal to eat a tomato, but makes me feel like shit.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    agreed. I think the more problems you have, the longer it can take for any healing to occur. And surely you didn't get that way overnight, so expecting everything to evaporate that quickly isn't very realistic. Something that is hard for me to realize as well and I have to reset my expectations now and then.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

It sure took several years to become that way, but everyone seem to heal so fast... And I've always been skinny so I though maybe there's a problem with me?
    I am going to see a naturopathe to figure out what Is wrong, or at least to help me find out what food doesn't help me at all.
    Maybe my body hasn't switched to fuel on fat yet? I've eaten some sugar sometimes but mainly from blueberries. But yes, sometimes a little bit of bad sugar... but I lowered the quantities a lot since before.

Have someone else experienced the tired legs like me while walking?

Vega is offline Member
    What is a typical day's food like? When you say all you did was cut out grains, do you mean you replaced it with something else? If you were eating lots of grains and then didn't replace them with anything, then you may be having symptoms from lower carbs than you're used to, and maybe you're not even eating enough calories each day.

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    It took me six months after going gluten free to see a change in my symptoms -- some tiny progress after a few months. But it sounds like perhaps food intolerances might be a serious issue for you. You sound like classic celiac, actually. And you have to be vigilant. It isn't enough to cut out most -- you have to cut out all, 100% of the time. So it's cool that you are working with a naturopath. Hopefully they'll help get you going down the right road. Hang in there. It does take time. I wasn't an instant fix going gluten free, and even after going on primal/paleo, I discovered I had candida overgrowth, and that's taking some time to repair, as well.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Happy anniversary for me. two years and 7 rounds of HCG and strickly primal for 6 month and stricktly ketogenic for 12 months and by god my weight is finally starting to come off on its own....

unless you were just someone who refused to shut their pie hole.... it may take a second to kick in. but stay with it.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Acid reflux, bloating, gaz, constipation, cramps, really bad menstrual cramps, headaches (tension), my sinuses feel blocked almost all the time, palpitations, cravings like I am afraid to lack of food and cannot concentrate, no energy, anxiety with sometimes panic attacks (though it's rare).
    Sounds more like a dairy allergy to me. I've quit both. As a former snorer, Farty McGee, and bloat king, I will testify that BOTH grains and dairy can easily be lived without. Dairy also makes me crave food. I think it does things to my system that tell me to EAT EAT EAT. So I have a cheese stick once in awhile if I'm jonesing, or buy a tiny brick of raw, organic hippie cheese and eat a tiny amount daily until it's gone. But I regularly go weeks without any dairy, and those are the weeks I can see my abs and have smoother energy between meals.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Vega, no I didn'T replace them. I usually eat bacon and eggs in the morning, nuts for snack (I eat a lot of them) I eat a leftover at diner like some meat with some vegetables, like green peppers, broccoli, avocado, cucumber... meats are chicken, pork or beef, or fish. And same for dinner. Between meals I will eat some vegetables sometimes, lots of nuts, oh and sometimes peanut butter (I know this ain't good, i'm gonna switch to almond butter very soon).I noticed also that I am more hungry at meals, I eat more that before. It wouldn't surprise me that I don't eat enough calories... but I don't want to count them, or I'll give up because I hate that.

Ciavyn, thx, I will see what my naturopathe thinks (when I get to meet one). What is that candida overgrowth thingy?

Quelsen, what is ketogenic? I heard that before but I don't understand how it works. What does it do? Someone told me to cut ALL sugar or my liver can't go into ketogenic state, does that makes sense? What does it mean?

Knifegill, that was my next step, cutting off on dairies. I ate some cheese the other day and the reflux were horrible until the next day!! It shouldn't be that hard since the only dairy I eat is cheese. I don't drink any milk, except almond milk sometimes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast