Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No changes... frustrating! page 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Oh, okay. You want to read the book first. Or at least spend a few hours reading all of the articles Mark has put together under the "Start Here" link up top.

Sounds like you're mostly doing it right, though. The nut butter is fattening for many, but for a thin person it might just maintain their weight. Do give consideration to the high omega-6 content of nuts, and the pitfalls of generally eating too often, though I understand it's different for the thin folks.

When I got started, I just replaced my junk food with real food, and worked on meal timing/reducing snacking later. And almonds got me through it. Just keeping it to paleo.primal fare is a big enough first step for a few weeks! First, seek optimal nutrition and health.

And it was about six weeks before my system was dialed in to digest all this fat efficiently. It can take longer for some.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

AnMa is offline Junior Member
    I haven't read the primal book, but I read Wheat Belly so I already know about all the bad of the grains. But yeah I could read the book too. I already read a bunch of Mark's articles too though. I would like to integrate the exercising part, but I don't have enough energy... it's hard to walk for me right now... :/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think I read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been suggested. Maybe get a blood work up? Just in case what's happening to you has nothing to do with diet. I know traditional doctors are kind of dense in the nutrition area, but they can be life savers in other areas.

jerry lewis is offline Junior Member
    Nice post and thanx sharing this information.

I think the naturopathe offers some blood tests too. I'm gonna talk about that too.
    Thx everyone for the info, I feel less alone in that situation

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I can't eat any form of dairy without feeling like crap. Maybe try cutting that out & see if you feel better. And yeah, the peanut butter should go... not to mention that most peanut butter is made with sugar and all sorts of oils. Try Artisana's raw pecan butter or cashew butter or walnut butter, yum!

Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    I can't eat any form of dairy without feeling like crap. Maybe try cutting that out & see if you feel better. And yeah, the peanut butter should go... not to mention that most peanut butter is made with sugar and all sorts of oils. Try Artisana's raw pecan butter or cashew butter or walnut butter, yum!
    I checked the ingredients of the peanut butter, it's made of 100$ roasted peanuts. Why should it go? Why is it bad?

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Candida Overgrowth: Myths vs Facts | East West Healing & Performance

Candida Diet: Foods to Avoid

you should not be eating lots of nuts. a few here and there is fine. they're not a food group. if you still feel hungry after eating, are you eating enough protein and fats?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnMa View Post
    I checked the ingredients of the peanut butter, it's made of 100$ roasted peanuts. Why should it go? Why is it bad?
    The reason peanuts are a no-go food for primal is that they are not nuts. They are actually legumes which are on the list of things you shouldn't eat because they have a lot of phytates. Also peanuts are frequently contaminated by mycotoxins which are also not good for you.

In addition they are quite calorie dense without much in the way of nutrients (which is the case with the true nuts also.)

My recommendation based on your first post would be to go fully primal for at least a month. If you haven't read the book, do. If you haven't read the primal 101 posts, do. And I know how much of a pain in the ass counting calories and such is but I would do that too for at least a week. My biggest problem when I first switched to primal is that I felt super tired. I finally entered a weeks worth of food into one of the online food tracker things and found out I was only eating about 800-1000 calories a day! No wonder I was tired! I was eating a good VOLUME of food but it was mostly greens that take up space but don't offer many calories. Once I upped my calories I felt all better!

Also there is a particular poster on these forums who was significantly underweight and used primal as a way to heal and put weight on. I can't think of her name right now so maybe another poster can help me out here? Anyway she wrote a really good journal along the way so you might want to read that too since you are concerned about losing any weight.

Make sure you are eating plenty of calories, go fully primal for at least a month (you have some serious chronic symptoms so commit to no cheats for the whole month!), and give it some time. It sounds like you have been dealing with some chronic symptoms for a long time. Everyones body heals at a different speed. Treat your food like the medicine it is and give your body time to heal. And we'll help and encourage you but you have to be the one to do it! No one else can fix you the way you can.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    The reason peanuts are a no-go food for primal is that they are not nuts. They are actually legumes which are on the list of things you shouldn't eat because they have a lot of phytates. Also peanuts are frequently contaminated by mycotoxins which are also not good for you.

In addition they are quite calorie dense without much in the way of nutrients (which is the case with the true nuts also.)

My recommendation based on your first post would be to go fully primal for at least a month. If you haven't read the book, do. If you haven't read the primal 101 posts, do. And I know how much of a pain in the ass counting calories and such is but I would do that too for at least a week. My biggest problem when I first switched to primal is that I felt super tired. I finally entered a weeks worth of food into one of the online food tracker things and found out I was only eating about 800-1000 calories a day! No wonder I was tired! I was eating a good VOLUME of food but it was mostly greens that take up space but don't offer many calories. Once I upped my calories I felt all better!

Also there is a particular poster on these forums who was significantly underweight and used primal as a way to heal and put weight on. I can't think of her name right now so maybe another poster can help me out here? Anyway she wrote a really good journal along the way so you might want to read that too since you are concerned about losing any weight.

Make sure you are eating plenty of calories, go fully primal for at least a month (you have some serious chronic symptoms so commit to no cheats for the whole month!), and give it some time. It sounds like you have been dealing with some chronic symptoms for a long time. Everyones body heals at a different speed. Treat your food like the medicine it is and give your body time to heal. And we'll help and encourage you but you have to be the one to do it! No one else can fix you the way you can.

Oh I would love to talk to that person!
    How much calories are we supposed to eat? I guess this is different for everyone. I noticed that since I don't eat grain, I eat much more meat than before, I didn't like it much before, but now I almost crave for meat sometimes hehe. But I crave for bacon or other cold meat, because they are very tasty. I know they are more transformed than the real meat I used in my meals. Can I still eat them? Like bacon, proscuitto... I take them at the butcher, they come from grass-fed animals.

I already cut dairies, so I guess the last thing I need to do is cut more on sugar. I made some brownies thi weekend, with honey for the sugar, and this is sooooo good. So I guess, no more of that? Only some littles fruits like blueberries, not that often?

I will keep on reading the articles and look for the book.

If anyone find who is the poster you're talking about, let me know!!

Thx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast