Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Craving veggies, but tyring to stay low carb page 3

heatherdarbs Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    ^ This.

Why are you killing yourself with egg whites and lean meats? You'll die of choline deficiency and starvation. And didn't you see the Primal Blueprint pyramid? There are two versions. One has meats in the biggest box because that's where the majority of calories come from. The other has vegetables in the biggest box because that's where the most volume of food comes from. Eat your vegetables and put butter and whole egg yolks on them. BUTTER. Not coconut oil. You read somewhere it has magic weight loss properties. That's why you're focused on it. Forget the coconut oil. It's not magic and you need real butter.
    I have done a lot of research on coconut oil, but I use it based on studies for Alzheimer’s, which runs in my family; not weight loss. I’ve been considering it for the past 3 years and only now, started using it and I love the flavor. I don't believe in magic

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KKDMB View Post
    What the heck is with the fear of carrots? Poor, demonized, delicious cooked carrots. Where the heck is ChocoTaco? We need him here.

When I first got into PB I was there too - but trust me, you will neither die not gain weight if you want sauteed carrots! I even eat.... *DA NA NA*.... sweet potatoes. Several times a week. And my fat loss is still going quite nicely! I've noticed this with myself, and has been confirmed by a lot of other posters, that carb cycling seems to be quite effective. Being in ketosis all the time... eh. Its fun at first and nice to dip back down now and then but after that first initial high you seem to get it isn't necessarily the end-all-be-all. So, if you want to cycle carbs, not drive yourself crazy, and still promote fat loss - on your down days, have a salad for one meal and another do some sauteed spinach, broccoli, or whatever generally lower-carb ish veggie you like. (And if you have a salad for one meal, broccoli/sauteed spinach for another, you CAN still have carrots, blueberries, or a small sweet potato and still come in under 50g for the day). Then on activity days (lifiting, sprinting, etc.) go for it! Have a sweet potato, plantain, etc. And if you don't have an autoimmune issue and you can tolerate nightshades, then WHITE POTATOES ARE OKAY TOO.

Jeez, PB is not a crazy cult. Just eat REAL FOOD, ditch your powders and eat the yolks. If you still want to count your macros (which I still do sometimes just to keep an idea of where I am), that's totally cool! Read Mark's recent post on carb re-feeding and cycling for weight loss. I thought I had to only eat 10-50g a day or the fat loss would stop, but after the initial quick drop you see with strict carb limitation.... well, you might start considering sweet potatoes again. With cinnamon. Yum. I'm not sure why new PBers, myself included, get this psychotic fear of carbs. The forum seems to be coming around, especially with Mark's most recent posts, but seriously? No cooked carrots? Not even on exercise days? Not all PBers agree with that. But some do. Dr. Peter Attia is the lovechild of all things ketosis and seems to be doing very well. Others have noticed an extreme benefit from carb cycling. Best of luck!
    Haha! These posts are seriously entertaining...and informative, of course It looks like I'm doing it right. I don't crave potatoes; I crave spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, CARROTS, bell peppers, squash...you get the picture. I'm obsessing and this mindset is what will have a negative impact. I put the powder in my green smoothies for protein, since I ditched dairy, but I can wean off of it...somehow. I have my last day of P90X tomorrow, so my concerns are pretty unwarranted, at this point. I simply wanted to get rid of the massive amount of blub I packed on through recovery. Although, I have gotten rid of a ton of it…no one is perfect. Next step: stop obsessing and live.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Since you are eating disordered you should go get help for that first. Following the Primal Blueprint isn't going to help you very much because your ED will be trying to manipulate the PB to fit in with its own evil ends.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 175lbs, press 70lbs and deadlift 180lbs

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    You're still struggling with the remnants of the eating disorder and CW dieting.
    Since I don't know your height and weight, I can't offer an opinion on the 5 pounds.

For heaven's sake, eat the whole egg.
    For heaven's sake, eat some grass-fed beef from Trader Joe's, good fatty stuff.
    For heaven's sake, eat some veggies, just choose ones with fewer carbs, like kale or mushrooms.
    You might be craving water too.
    Yes; you're right - that's the only explanation, since I was hardly concerned with any of this prior to that mess. Had two whole eggs this morning w/ some veggies.

I'm 5'6" and currently ~128lbs. During the anorexia athletica, I was 97lbs. and looked horrific (in hindsight). I'd rather be here...but I'm not used to the body fat. You started primal on my wedding anniversary

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=heatherdarbs;925255]Haha! These posts are seriously entertaining...and informative, of course It looks like I'm doing it right. I don't crave potatoes; I crave spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, CARROTS, bell peppers, squash...you get the picture. I'm obsessing and this mindset is what will have a negative impact. I put the powder in my green smoothies for protein, since I ditched dairy, but I can wean off of it...somehow. I have my last day of P90X tomorrow, so my concerns are pretty unwarranted, at this point. I simply wanted to get rid of the massive amount of blub I packed on through recovery. Although, I have gotten rid of a ton of it…no one is perfect. Next step: stop obsessing and live.[/QUOTE]

Good Idea!

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Since you are eating disordered you should go get help for that first. Following the Primal Blueprint isn't going to help you very much because your ED will be trying to manipulate the PB to fit in with its own evil ends.
    I've gone through recovery and am way beyond where I was. The food my team had me consume was crap; hence the massive and quick weight gain and my determination to get back to a normal size the "right" way.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdarbs View Post
    *snip*
    Oh...and I bought bacon yesterday...maybe I'll have some, now
    Awesome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123