Thread: More primal success page

Karma33 is offline Member

More primal success

I turned my wife on to primal about six months ago. She was diagnosed with celiac disease and was having thyroid issues about a year and a half ago. She was gluten free ever since she was diagnosed with gluten sensitivity, but she was eating other grains and gluten free substitutes. She has always been a " healthy" eater, eating whole grains, lean proteins, low fat , fruits and veggies.

After I showed her this website six months ago she really started following primal 99%. The difference in her health was phenomenal. She lost weight, felt and looked better, and felt full, not hungry. She went to he endocrinologist yesterday. Her lipids went from good to phenomenal in his words. He backed her synthroid medication down, which i dont think they hardly ever do. Her vitamin levels were way up across the board. She said he was slack jawed looking at all of her results. He asked her what she was doing.

She told him that she was paleo/primal(one of the other doctors there had suggested the diet without really giving it a name). He asked her if she meant just gluten free. She told him no, that she was eating grass fed meat, pastured chicken, eggs, fruit, veggies, and of course, some bacon. She was no longer eating the gluten free fake foods.
    I really noticed a huge difference in her when she gave up all the grains and refined carbs. It was really cool to hear my wife tell me about her doctor's level of interest and enthusiasm. Hopefully he will share her success with others.

Walkerdog is offline Junior Member
    Just received my blood work back after two months primal. Numbers are as follows:

Preprimal Primal
    Total Chol. 259. 229
    Triglycerides. 477. 110
    HDL. 33. 46
    LDL. ? 161
    A1c. 7.1. 6.1
    Weight. 253lbs. 232
    Blood Press. 155/90. 128/80 no lisinopril
    All cholesterol ratios look good and only getting better ......

I'm pretty pumped about the results and only after 2 months and NO more jogging thank Christ. I was also on lisinopril for blood pressure and metformin for type 2. Fasting glucose off meds 170.... On metformin 135..... Primal no meds down to 95 last Friday. A1c of 6.1 = 128 three month average......remember only primal for two months. Here's to enjoying the ride. Good luck and stay the course! Tell you're wife she has lots to be proud of as do you!

Karma33 is offline Member
    That is a great job on your results. My bp has been similar to yours. I am trying to get it down, but giving up beer has been the most difficult. I have been pretty good on being primal, but not as good as my wife. The ice cold beer seems to call out to me too much. What do you think brought down your bp so much? Was it primal in general?

Walkerdog is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I went primal and kicked the beer... My wife has been a home brewer and has even won many local events so kicking beer was huge but I still enjoy the occasional bourbon. Just kick the grains and go for it. I now enjoy the occasional good beer but they are far and few between. Beer will always be there but you're health is so much more important. Get everything right then enjoy the finer things in life! Good luck and go got it! It works no shit!