Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Paleo Fail page 4

ForensicArtist is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Not trying to swing you from your path, I think it's great you have tried Paleo and found a good diet balance for yourself. But I have to ask,There isn't some bizzare connection that you are making between the meat and bones on your plate and the bones on your desk at work?...
    I guess so, but…I have always been super squeamish about meat, all the way back childhood. At 16 I said, “that’s it, no more.”

And then I became a forensic artist at 40. I never thought I’d be able to be around real skulls, or dead bodies, but the work fascinates me so much, it doesn’t gross me out nearly as much as the thought of cutting up a chicken for dinner. I know, weird, but that’s how it is. I scream at bugs, yet walk willingly towards decomp.

And yes, JudyCr, I have an awesome job!!
    Ask a Forensic Artist

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." ~Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by ForensicArtist View Post
    I guess so, but…I have always been super squeamish about meat, all the way back childhood. At 16 I said, “that’s it, no more.”

And then I became a forensic artist at 40. I never thought I’d be able to be around real skulls, or dead bodies, but the work fascinates me so much, it doesn’t gross me out nearly as much as the thought of cutting up a chicken for dinner. I know, weird, but that’s how it is. I scream at bugs, yet walk willingly towards decomp.

And yes, JudyCr, I have an awesome job!!
    You draw the chalk around dead bodies!?!?!?

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    I give you a LOT of credit! I started this journey thinking I needed to eat red meat and chicken. But I have really, really stepped that back. After a terrible GI virus over a year ago, I have not had steak (nor will I probably) again, as it was my last meal before the awful bug set in. I had just gotten into the habit of eating red meat approximately weekly, but then after that happened, I stopped. I now eat a lot of fish, seafood, eggs, and dairy. Honestly, mostly eggs and dairy. For dinner last night I had scallops, roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, and strawberries. I felt so healthy afterwards. Not sluggish or sick. But when I eat chicken or steak or pork (ick, pork...I will really only eat really good bacon on rare occasion), I feel sick. And no one can tell me that I need to eat most meats if it makes me feel ill. I think we know what makes us feel well at this point. So, I give you a lot of credit.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i really like your site

forensics was a career path i really wanted to be on til i had to wake up and realize i'm not good around the dead

too many zombie movies
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

ForensicArtist is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    You draw the chalk around dead bodies!?!?!?
    Uh, nope...I sculpt faces on the skulls of unidentified dead bodies

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonPA-S View Post
    I give you a LOT of credit! I started this journey thinking I needed to eat red meat and chicken. But I have really, really stepped that back....
    Thanks Shannon, I know that I can say I tried!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i really like your site
    forensics was a career path i really wanted to be on til i had to wake up and realize i'm not good around the dead
    too many zombie movies
    Thanks! The dead don't scare me. It's most living people that give me the heebie-jeebies
    Last edited by ForensicArtist; 08-11-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    Ask a Forensic Artist

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." ~Ronald Reagan

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ForensicArtist View Post
    Uh, nope...I sculpt faces on the skulls of unidentified dead bodies

That's awesome! I hope that if I am ever an unidentified dead body that you would sculpt my face.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234