Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paleo Fail page 3

ForensicArtist is offline Junior Member
    Thanks everyone, glad to know I haven't been booted off the island!

I don't doubt that part of it psychological...I work with skulls, and they will often have bits of flesh still attached, which looks exactly like cooked, dried-out chicken. Many will still have the brain rolling around inside, although it's dried out and the size of a baseball. You don't want me to tell you what a burnt body looks like!

The fact that I have almost entirely stopped eating grains is HUGE for me. My awesome husband, and this forum, has changed the way I eat for the better. I won't be chowing down on a steak any time soon, but I've make good changes nonetheless.

PS: I suppose I could try bone broth, but my husband would have to make it for me!
    Ask a Forensic Artist

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." ~Ronald Reagan

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I think it's really cool that you gave "pure" primal a try and now have been able to find your own nutritional path! I am also happy that so many here are still supportive of you!

Your user name and reference to skulls makes me ask... What do you do? Forensic artist sounds fascinating!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Would you be opposed to keeping bone stocks in your diet? I think that could add a lot of additional nutrition without having to actually eat meat. You could make a very large batch at one time, freeze it, and just included it in soups, veggie preps, etc.
    This sounds like a smart suggestion to me.

I also think you might wake up craving a massive T-bone steak one day. Until that happens, eat the most healthful foods you can tolerate, which it sounds like you are. Lots of people who eat meat on here eat less healthful diets than what you described.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Lots of great support and advise on this thread! Thanks for keeping it positive and not bashing Forensic just because she doesn't care for meat. I may even give lacto-ovo-pescatarian a go for a couple weeks, after my Whole30.

Love my Primal Tribe!!!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    I personally cannot stand chicken breast or turkey. Don't care how primal they may be. So find what works. I think it rocks that you are working on being and staying healthier. That's all that matters.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Thanks for keeping it positive and not bashing Forensic just because she doesn't care for meat.
    Yeah, it's not like she's eating Atkins bars, "Paleo" muffins, and Quinoa with lean chicken breast. She's eating the most nutritious foods she finds palatable. Not much to fault her for. And believe me, we try

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Good on you for trying,I can totally understand why people are vegetarians. Put it this way if I had to kill the animal personally I would definitely be vegetarian. though I understand it is more you don't like the taste.
    There are quite a few paleo vegetarian sites with some lovely recipes worth looking at via google.
    Macadamia nuts, eggs etc are good to eat
    Best of luck

ForensicArtist is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    … Thanks for keeping it positive and not bashing Forensic just because she doesn't care for meat….
    Yes, THANK YOU to everybody who offered me advice in my beginning Paleo quest, and to everyone that has responded with such positive comments. I really do appreciate the time it took to read and respond

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I think it's really cool that you gave "pure" primal a try and now have been able to find your own nutritional path! I am also happy that so many here are still supportive of you!

Your user name and reference to skulls makes me ask... What do you do? Forensic artist sounds fascinating!
    You know that show “Bones”? Well, it’s sort of what I do, but without the high heels and guns!

Mostly, I sculpt faces onto unidentified skulls. I also do lots of fugitive age progressions, post-mortem retouches from morgue photos, and a few composite drawings of suspects here and there. I totally and completely am in love with my job! I love it so much I made a website!
    Ask a Forensic Artist

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." ~Ronald Reagan

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Not trying to swing you from your path, I think it's great you have tried Paleo and found a good diet balance for yourself.
    But I have to ask,
    There isn't some bizzare connection that you are making between the meat and bones on your plate and the bones on your desk at work?

Our tastes do gradually change with diet, before I started this I had a powerful sweet tooth, no prob's downing a good size cake with icecream or a full block of chocolate etc. so I thought this would be one of the hurdles, suprisingly my tastes changed and I don't have the urge, I can watch while others down the cake with no residual feelings of deprivation.

Anyway, don't know if you will ever get a taste for juicy bacon, but either way good luck with your journey.

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Awesome job, FA, must be rewarding.

I've always had a conflict with enjoying juicy steaks and my deep love of cows and their big beautiful faces.
    I told my mom when I was about 10 that I was very angry at her for making me like anything made with beef.
    She said, sorry, I was just trying to keep you healthy so you'd live.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast