Thread: Hi from the Blue ridge of Virginia page

preacher is offline Junior Member

Hi from the Blue ridge of Virginia

Primal Fuel
    Awesome day here in the Blue Ridge, just wanted to introduce myself to you folks. The call me "preacher" the name is two fold, first its what I do, I'm a pastor and second it's the name of the lead character in a series of books which I enjoy written about a mountain man. Loving living in the outdoors as I do it seemed fitting. My wife and I are a "primal b" couple we came onboard after she was researching ways for her to curb her blood sugar issues and help me control MS. We have been "primal" now for about a month and her blood sugars have gone to normal and I have had no issues with the MS even in the extreme heat this summer. We hike weekly and I love being able to be back in nature. Prior to choosing to become a "primal couple" we both had lost significant weight between 2006 and JUne 2012 she lost 132 and I lost 102. However we didn't feel well. Just goes to show you that weight loss in itself doesn't mean you feel good. We were'nt healthier, just lighter. Since going primal we feel awesome. I love it, primal has helped me stablize my weight and helped me build endurance, stamina and a holistic self awareness. My wife still is having some carb effects, her weight isn't coming off as fast as she would like (she wants to drop another 20lbs), but it will.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Hi from central Virginia. Love the Blue Ridge...you're fortunate to live there.

You two have made tremendous progress; congratulations. I think you're on the right track for feeling well. My foray into primal made a huge difference in how I feel, and I'm sure yours will too.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

Nie to meet you Mike in Virginia, yes we love living within walking distance of the Blue Ridge. We're "adapting and overcoming" as my DI's in the basic used to scream at us . If my wife can break through her current weight loss stand still I know she will be even more estatic. It WILL happen !!!! I hope she gives it time to. She has 20 more pounds she would like to drop. We think she is still turning from carb burner to fat burner. She has always been very grain carb sensitive. Eat a bowl of pasta and litterly gain 3 lbs a day later. All I know is she looks great and is starting to feel so much better. For me the transformation has been quicker, which isnt all that fair, but my weight loss was easier too. Any suggestions from a pro like you would be awesome. Thanks for the encouragement.

Thanks brighthorse
    nice to meet you

Portcop01 is offline Junior Member
    I live 10 mins from blue ridge parkway.near fancy gap.i just started primal today. Were do you get your meats from?

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Hi again Preacher. Have to tell you that I'm really not a pro. Many people on here know far more than I do. I do wish you and your wife the best, and I'm happy to meet you.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Portcop01 is offline Junior Member
    Hi mike we go tru your town on the way to my daughter .on way to md.. I just started primal I love it,I have not felt this good in years,I'll never go back to my old ways.

We are still looking for a good place, we tend to eat what we can get locally here which more times than not is just what is at Walmart, Food Lion and Kroger. We are going to head down to a grass fed and finished farm in NC and stock the freezer in the near future.