Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will eating beets on a regular basis stop my weight loss? page

afsjesse is offline Senior Member

Will eating beets on a regular basis stop my weight loss?

Shop Now
    So I've become a BIG fan of red and purple beets. I've been making some delicious Borscht and have been having a small bowl on the side with lunch and/or dinner. Due to the natural sugar content of this tuber, I'm wondering if they have the potential to stop or slowdown my weight loss? I've only just started eating primal again, i'm on my 4th day, and don't want to sabotage myself. I've thought of just having them when I work out, which is about twice per week, but that's not good enough! lol.

How much more you want to lose? you look normal human in picture

Beets will not affect you!!!!

I'm 237 at the moment. In the photo, which was taken in Costa Rica, I was about 220. I've been off of PB for about a year, due to laziness..... and am determined to kick this overweight, high blood pressure, eating lifestyle that I've created for myself. Another reason I like eating them often is because they have the potential to aid people with hypertension. At 27 years old, i'm ready to nip this thing in the butt.

Maybe you should go back to Costa Rica!!!

I'd love to! However, I'm in Afghanistan working for the next year and am trying to discipline myself enough to do this right. But I'll be heading to Thailand and the surrounding countries for five weeks in December! Should be interesting eating PB down there, if I can at all.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Check the charts~ they're pretty close to carrots as far as carbs/sugar goes~

Beets

Carrots

jakey is offline Senior Member
    no, beets will not stop your weightloss. if they're normally integrated into your diet. if you add a bowl of anything on top of everything you'd normally been eating, it will negatively impact weight loss. if you eat it as part of your meal, in lieu of some other part that would have otherwise been there, you're all good.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Why would you think a specific food would hinder weight loss? It's not the food, it's the amount of food!!!
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

campanella is offline Senior Member
    If you're doing all other things pretty much right and you're not losing weight, then you can try removing them for a week or two weeks and substituting with greens. However, to start out, you are probably better off with them, especially as having something you really enjoy helps you get started.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Beets are very healthy. The carbs are negligible...you really don't need to worry about carbs coming from veggies unless you're very sensitive to them. As others have mentioned, if you're not going over your calories-Eat up!
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast