Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - scarabnight page

scarabnight is offline Member

Primal Journal - scarabnight

Ok, so I started PB a little over two months ago and I'm a slacker and just starting my journal now.

I am down about 15 pounds and am really starting to see the results of Primal instead of just feeling them. Yay!

I figure that I should probably lose about 50 to 60 pounds but I'm mostly going to focus on better health and fitness.

I do allow some good quality dairy in my diet but that is the extent of my iffy foods.

So far my biggest issue is when I drive to West Palm every other weekend to visit my father. He has ALS which is a degenerative disease that slowly cuts off the use of muscles and is ultimately terminal. Now it is very important to get him to eat the most calorically dense food possible. So we basically prepare any high calorie food that he wants because we need to keep the weight on him. Unfortunately for me this means that the food available at the house is pretty far from anything even remotely Primal.

Anyhoo, When I'm not in West Palm, I am about 90% to 95% Primal. I calculate the 5-10% being the unknowns when I eat out... why people soak a nice steak in soy baffles me.....

Prior to Primal I had stopped eating pork and am currently enjoying reintroducing bacon into my life.... oh bacon how I've missed you.....

More to come later as I suppose work should technically be done as I'm at my desk....
    ~Kelly

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks"
    -John Muir

Today....
    Breakfast was leftover bacon and coffee with cream
    Lunch was a mixture of chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, onion, lettuce, spices, and sour cream
    Dinner was steak, sauteed onions, broccoli, and homemade guacamole
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

anova01 is offline Member
    Woohoo! Keep it up, and potentially go and buy some more bacon.

Hahaha bacon is definitely on the list this week

This morning I woke up and went out to the woods with my dog for some good old fashioned forest bathing. After a bit my shoes were bothering me so I took them off and went barefoot. I ended up out walking my dog and carried her home... if your dog is a whopping 9 pounds, does that count towards lift heavy things? I doubt it
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

Paleobird Guest
    Well done on the progress so far. Keep it up.

My dog is about 35 pounds. I think that would count as lifting heavy things. We went for a long walk yesterday and several times he sat down and did what I call going on shade strike. It's kind of a good thing because it keeps me from pushing myself too much in the summer heat too.

anova01 is offline Member
    Go Kelly! It's great that you're getting active, and out-walking the puppy, because she is quite energetic for her petite size.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
    Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
    End -- May 24th -- 158.6

She slept the rest of the day after that!!! I think I found her limit.... the question being... do you think that I'd get some stares if I used her for a light arm workout next time? ...who needs weights when you've got a puppy
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

Sunday Food:

Went to a Thai Buddhist Temple:
    Had Thai soup (beef with rice noodles), coconut and scallion custards (actual Primal-ness unknown)
    Then dinner that night was 3 hard boiled eggs
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

I believe that my Sunday Brunch at the Thai Temple didn't go so well Primal-wise... ended up with a raging headache for the rest of the day.....

Today is much better though... headache gone!! yay

Had coffee for breakfast and a chicken, tomato, guacamole, cucumber, and onion salad for lunch.... dinner will be beef and bacon mixed with raw broccoli, turnips, spices, and topped with a dollop of sour cream.
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well done on the progress so far. Keep it up.

My dog is about 35 pounds. I think that would count as lifting heavy things. We went for a long walk yesterday and several times he sat down and did what I call going on shade strike. It's kind of a good thing because it keeps me from pushing myself too much in the summer heat too.
    That sounds exactly like what Darcy did... I think she was faking it since she had plenty of energy left to try and chase every squirrel that she saw
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast