Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - scarabnight page 2

scarabnight is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday's food:

Latte (no sugar) for breakfast
    Greek chicken with veggies for lunch
    Salad with spicy chicken and herb feta, used homemade dressing

Had a non primal dessert (coldstone ice cream with rasberries, blueberries, and strawberries)
    ~Kelly

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks"
    -John Muir

Wednesday...

Coffee with cream,

Chipolte Salad, no rice or beans

Beef, mushrooms, and onion cooked in bacon drippings on top of broccoli and cabbage
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

anova01 is offline Member
    The dinner yesterday sounds great! What type of cream do you use in your coffee?
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
    Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
    End -- May 24th -- 158.6

Quote Originally Posted by anova01 View Post
    The dinner yesterday sounds great! What type of cream do you use in your coffee?
    It was pretty tasty!! The cream I've been buying is the Organic Valley... it's pretty good
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

I haven't posted in a few days so here is a brief recap....

I went to West Palm this weekend to visit my Dad. He is getting weaker and at his most recent doctor's appointment they suggested a feeding tube again. He has a living will and is completely against feeding tubes so needless to say that suggestion didn't go over well. He did eat really well while I was there though. We made ribs, mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner and he ate a big plate of the lot of it. I lucked out on this meal since I was able to do the ribs and green beans and call it a pretty close to primal meal. Not 100% and not what I'd make at home but it's better than some of the trips I've had down there so I'll call that a win.
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

I have decided to stop weighing myself. I never used to have a problem compulsively weighing myself like other people I've run across have but for some reason recently I have been weighing myself 3+ times a day. I recognize that this isn't good and as such have decided not to weigh at all for the next few months. I even removed my weight stats and goals from my signature. I don't want this change to be about a number, I want to be healthy and strong and live to a ripe old age and get to play with great-grandchildren. I'm starting to see some really great changes and I don't want to get frustrated and stop because I have more water than yesterday. Not a healthy mindset, so I'm going cold turkey. Having been Primal for almost 3 months I have seen weight loss and know that it is working for me but I also know that this is going to be a long, slow road to get to my ideal weight. I'm in this for the long haul but for now I won't be tracking weight.

What I am going to do is be happy in other marks of achievement, like yesterday I was able to comfortably wear a pair of jeans that I had gotten too big for about 4 or 5 months ago. That was huge for me!!! I also went to dinner with friends and one of the girls remarked on how good I looked and that I was radiant! I am really excited that people are starting to notice because, let's face it, I'm vain vain vain vain vain .... and it is nice to see that others have noticed the improvements that I am trying to make within myself.

I went to dinner last night with a group of friends and while dinner was not primal in any way shape or form, I knew this ahead of time and planned accordingly. I had a great time and laughed so hard I cried and even though today I am feeling the effects of last night's dinner it was worth it. The past few years I haven't made enough time for friends or family. I've been so busy and my job needed me and couldn't live without me... I am trying for balance in my life and I think that I am slowly but surely getting it.

All in all, I think I'm in a pretty good spot mentally and I am enjoying the benefits of Primal living.
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

anova01 is offline Member
    + 1

And modest, modest, modest. I'm loving the positive update.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
    Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
    End -- May 24th -- 158.6

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scarabnight View Post
    That sounds exactly like what Darcy did... I think she was faking it since she had plenty of energy left to try and chase every squirrel that she saw
    Did you ever see the Disney Pixar movie "Up"? The talking dog that is saying, "I love you, I love y...SQUIRREL!" That's my dog. I call it part of my exercise plan. We run random "squirrel sprints" here and there throughout the park. He satisfies his hunting jones and I get my sprints done. Win-win.

I haven't posted in a few days so here is a brief recap....

I went to West Palm this weekend to visit my Dad. He is getting weaker and at his most recent doctor's appointment they suggested a feeding tube again. He has a living will and is completely against feeding tubes so needless to say that suggestion didn't go over well. He did eat really well while I was there though. We made ribs, mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner and he ate a big plate of the lot of it. I lucked out on this meal since I was able to do the ribs and green beans and call it a pretty close to primal meal. Not 100% and not what I'd make at home but it's better than some of the trips I've had down there so I'll call that a win.
    I am dealing with eldercare too, my 86 year old Dad. I know it's not easy. My thoughts are with you and your Dad.

I have decided to stop weighing myself. I never used to have a problem compulsively weighing myself like other people I've run across have but for some reason recently I have been weighing myself 3+ times a day. I recognize that this isn't good and as such have decided not to weigh at all for the next few months. I even removed my weight stats and goals from my signature. I don't want this change to be about a number, I want to be healthy and strong and live to a ripe old age and get to play with great-grandchildren. I'm starting to see some really great changes and I don't want to get frustrated and stop because I have more water than yesterday. Not a healthy mindset, so I'm going cold turkey. Having been Primal for almost 3 months I have seen weight loss and know that it is working for me but I also know that this is going to be a long, slow road to get to my ideal weight. I'm in this for the long haul but for now I won't be tracking weight.

What I am going to do is be happy in other marks of achievement, like yesterday I was able to comfortably wear a pair of jeans that I had gotten too big for about 4 or 5 months ago. That was huge for me!!! I also went to dinner with friends and one of the girls remarked on how good I looked and that I was radiant! I am really excited that people are starting to notice because, let's face it, I'm vain vain vain vain vain .... and it is nice to see that others have noticed the improvements that I am trying to make within myself.

I went to dinner last night with a group of friends and while dinner was not primal in any way shape or form, I knew this ahead of time and planned accordingly. I had a great time and laughed so hard I cried and even though today I am feeling the effects of last night's dinner it was worth it. The past few years I haven't made enough time for friends or family. I've been so busy and my job needed me and couldn't live without me... I am trying for balance in my life and I think that I am slowly but surely getting it.

All in all, I think I'm in a pretty good spot mentally and I am enjoying the benefits of Primal living.
    I applaude your attitude about life. You will do great.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Did you ever see the Disney Pixar movie "Up"? The talking dog that is saying, "I love you, I love y...SQUIRREL!" That's my dog. I call it part of my exercise plan. We run random "squirrel sprints" here and there throughout the park. He satisfies his hunting jones and I get my sprints done. Win-win.
    Thanks Paleobird!!

Darcy is definitely like the dog from UP!! I never thought to get my sprints done like that though!! ...I am so trying that this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I am dealing with eldercare too, my 86 year old Dad. I know it's not easy. My thoughts are with you and your Dad.
    It's definitely not easy to watch the slow decline, knowing that there isn't anything that I can do to stop it. I just try to spend as much time as I can with him now.
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

I haven't posted in a bit... quick catch up time....

Tropical Storm Isaac gave me a day off work and a whopping 3/4 of an inch of rain. Since it was the most anticlimactic storm that I've been in, I decided to go out, get hair dye and spend the day primping. Now my hair is re-auburnified

I went and visited my Dad for the long weekend with Labor Day. He looks about the same, but his speech has decreased a bit more. The upside though was that I got to spend a lot of time playing with my youngest niece who is a whole year old now!!

Good news of the weekend was that my Mom is slowly but surely converting to Primal. Wheat Thins and popcorn appear to be her biggest issues... she loves the things. My youngest sister had her 23rd birthday celebration this weekend and I helped my Mom make the whole meal Primal! It was sooo good.... gotta love steak I knew that my Aunt would be bringing a cake, so I bought a pint of Clemmy's and ate it while the rest of them ate the cake.

All in all, a pretty good weekend
    ~Kelly

-John Muir

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast