Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: body weigh deadlifts? page 3

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    get some bungee cords and anchor them into the ground (about where the plates would be on an olympic bar) then slide a bar through them.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    Don't do anything standing on a pillow that's extremely stupid!!! Feet on the ground where they belong!!!
    LOL! Of course it's stupid if you aren't strong enough yet, or haven't practiced the movement enough on a solid surface to get your balance. After that, it's a perfectly acceptable way to increase the difficulty of a movement.
    No offense, but I honestly don't think you know what it feels like to go heavy. I don't think you know what a 5 rep max deadlift or squat feels like. Otherwise you wouldn't suggest standing on pillows while deadlifting. Personally, I don't even feel comfortable doing a heavy posterior chain exercise if I don't have the proper footwear (solid wooden heel wedge), let alone doing it on an unstable surface such as a pillow or a Bosu ball.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    No offense, but I honestly don't think you know what it feels like to go heavy. I don't think you know what a 5 rep max deadlift or squat feels like. Otherwise you wouldn't suggest standing on pillows while deadlifting. Personally, I don't even feel comfortable doing a heavy posterior chain exercise if I don't have the proper footwear (solid wooden heel wedge), let alone doing it on an unstable surface such as a pillow or a Bosu ball.
    I hate doing them with any footwear at all. I stopped doing squats completely and debated doing the same for deads when my gym made the whole "always wear shoes" policy. Then I realised that life isn't right if you aren't 1 rep maxing your deadlifts regularly.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    I believe the OP was looking for BW type of movements.
    I thought the wedge shoes were used in competition to make the move easier?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    No offense, but I honestly don't think you know what it feels like to go heavy. I don't think you know what a 5 rep max deadlift or squat feels like. Otherwise you wouldn't suggest standing on pillows while deadlifting.
    Actually, I do. In fact, I know what 1RM deadlifts and squats feel like.

But Dirlot is correct; the OP wanted BODYWEIGHT options.

Would I lift heavy on an unstable surface? No. Would I use unstable surfaces to add difficulty to certain bodyweight exercises? Yes.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    When it comes to posterior chain exercises, I'd say the OP should look into bridging, a la Convict Conditioning. Not the same, but bridging definitely has helped my posterior chain since I started. It works everything from hams and glutes up through most of the lower and mid back, if not higher. That whole progression only requires a chair or bench, a ball (not entirely necessary) and a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Actually, I do. In fact, I know what 1RM deadlifts and squats feel like.

But Dirlot is correct; the OP wanted BODYWEIGHT options.

Would I lift heavy on an unstable surface? No. Would I use unstable surfaces to add difficulty to certain bodyweight exercises? Yes.
    I call bs!@! YOU DON'T KNOW SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS BARBIE

plastic is offline Junior Member
    i use an army surplus duffle bag and 35lb bags of birdseed and 5-20lb dumbbells (for scaling weight)...

but i'm only lifting about 130lbs right now

Quote Originally Posted by plastic View Post
    i use an army surplus duffle bag and 35lb bags of birdseed and 5-20lb dumbbells (for scaling weight)...

but i'm only lifting about 130lbs right now
    i call bs!!! you're only lifting 70 lbs

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    I call bs!@! YOU DON'T KNOW SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS BARBIE
    Believe what you like. I see no point in arguing with people who care more about who is right than what is true.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast