Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you single? Join the growing Primal Dating facebook group! page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

Are you single? Join the growing Primal Dating facebook group!

Primal Fuel
    I think I started a thread last year for this purpose. I created the primal dating facebook group one year ago but did not do much with it. Well, times are a changing.

We are now at 128 members and continu to grow.

Come join us if you are single! Please!

Primal Dating Group
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

JVib is offline Senior Member
    Makes me wish I was single (just kidding...I love my wife I just wish she was full on primal.)
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

There are now 147 members! Are any of you single? I'll accept you as soon as I can!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Ok here's my advice, based on my experiences.

I was sorta in the same boat as you, I had just started looking for a relationship, was growing somewhat tired of the one night stand...I wanted the companionship and to have someone there, especially since the vast, vast majority of my friends had left town after graduation. So I started looking, but all of a sudden I couldn't hook up with girls for the life of me - that idea of girls being able to smell that stuff almost seemed true. Eventually, I found a girl - no prior history except for being friends. So I ask her out to lunch, get the ball rolling to "catch up," have some drinks with some of her friends and mine, we even went to a few hockey and baseball games. All very informal, all very casual, but it forced the one on one time that laid the foundation of our soon-to-be relationship. We didn't talk every day or anything like that and I made sure to keep my distance a little just so I wouldn't get trapped in the horrid friend zone - I let her initiate the contact for the most part. Eventually, we just fell into it, and we've been together for just over 9 months now.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

kennnnn, do you feel okay?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    I made sure to keep my distance a little just so I wouldn't get trapped in the horrid friend zone
    I can't count how many times I've fallen into this hole over the years because of being a 'nice guy'. It really sucks. "I wish I could meet a guy like you". Waitaminute, I'M a guy like me!

Then one day I got it; you have to kinda, sorta, be just a teeny little bit of a dick. Not a flat-out a-hole, just a bit....cocky. This change in mentality began a "productive" stretch where I had far more success on the dating scene. It put me in the driver's seat of every relationship I attempted to start and eventually I was able to choose the right girl for me. Of course, it could all just be because I shaved my balding head.

Either way, 7 years later, we're still going strong.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    kennnnn, do you feel okay?
    Yes, why?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by friesonmyburger View Post
    I can't count how many times I've fallen into this hole over the years because of being a 'nice guy'. It really sucks. "I wish I could meet a guy like you". Waitaminute, I'M a guy like me!

Then one day I got it; you have to kinda, sorta, be just a teeny little bit of a dick. Not a flat-out a-hole, just a bit....cocky. This change in mentality began a "productive" stretch where I had far more success on the dating scene. It put me in the driver's seat of every relationship I attempted to start and eventually I was able to choose the right girl for me. Of course, it could all just be because I shaved my balding head.

Either way, 7 years later, we're still going strong.
    Thanks for the tip!

UniqueTII is online now Senior Member
    Staying out of the friend zone also involves showing your intention toward the beginning of the relationship/interaction, which I suck at. Nice guys spend too much time trying to be Mr. Perfect and not enough time trying to be Mr. Boyfriend. You can be perfect throughout the whole relationship once she knows you're interested.

I joined the group and then promptly met a non-Primal woman through a mutual friend whom I have started dating. It's amusing how those things work out, but I couldn't be happier with her. She even made a Paleo dish when we met up with some of her friends camping, the 3rd time I spent any time with her.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

RusM is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You know how to stay out of the friend zone? Make your move within the first 1-3 dates. Kiss her like a mule eating an apple! If she's not into it, move on. If she blows you off, move on. If she doesn't call you back, move on. Continue to be the nice guy you'e always been but don't be a pushover.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast