Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what about a strength training club page

what about a strength training club

why doesn't anyone have strength training clubs where the members pay dues and you get a little space somewhere with weights and then people lift? and the club raises funds with lessons and stuff? why doesn't anyone do this? does this exist? do you know of any?

2tall is offline Member
    I don't follow... you mean like a gym?

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    I don't follow... you mean like a gym?
    yea that's a good point

i guess what i did without realizing it is go through the thought process which led to the establishment of the first commercial gyms...if only i was born maybe 100 years ago, i would be a wealthy man 100 years ago but i wouldn't be alive today to post this.

2tall is offline Member
    A weight training coop would be a really neat idea. Rather than a corporate scene, it would be more like a bicycle kitchen. Look up bicycle kitchen if you're unfamiliar.

That might make for a cool thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    A weight training coop would be a really neat idea. Rather than a corporate scene, it would be more like a bicycle kitchen. Look up bicycle kitchen if you're unfamiliar.

That might make for a cool thing.

i think that's kind of what i was getting at, but i didn't really know how to express it, lemme check this bicycle kitchen out

yea, that's exactly it, but for strength training

we can even do some outreach and work with local high schools on implementing weight training programs...we can work with old people, leppers, the possibilities are endless

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a cool idea, bet you could get loads of free weights from something like freecycle (did you like the pun going on there) how many people buy weights and never use them.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    i guess what i did without realizing it is go through the thought process which led to the establishment of the first commercial gyms...if only i was born maybe 100 years ago, i would be a wealthy man 100 years ago but i wouldn't be alive today to post this.
    Yeah, you should have got in on the ground floor before the brodudes showed up in their tank tops to ruin everything by using squat racks to do bicep curls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast