Thread: grass-fed omega ratio page

phigment is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb grass-fed omega ratio

Shop Now
    I found a rancher who raises grass-fed and finished cows. He says the omega 3/6 for his cattle is 1/1. Can beef have such a ratio?

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    It sure can. Slanker's Meats (a company from Texas that sells their grass-fed meats online) had an analysis done on their beef and there was a 1:1 O3/O6 ratio. So it is possible. Whether yours is or not I can't say.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Where is the rancher phigment? Is he local?
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

phigment is offline Senior Member
    its deep roots. There product can be found at wards. And they come to the downtown farmers market the first wednesday of every month. Its cheaper by the pond getting it from him. He really loves to talk about the grass his cattle graze on.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    It's possible, sure, but unlikely. As I'm sure you realize, depending on which of the thousands of varieties of grass a cow or other ruminant is consuming, it can have completely different levels of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, proteins, and fats. It is entirely plausible that given the right combination of grasses in the animal's diet, it could achieve a 1:1 omega ratio.

It seems unlikely, but that doesn't mean impossible.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks. I have seen it at Wards but wow it is expensive. I will try him at the farmers market. He has good meat. Joe's Place served it before they shut down.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs