Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP! I'm SOOOOO 'saladed out!'....

Hybrid View

HELP! I'm SOOOOO 'saladed out!'....

I think if I LOOK at another salad, I'm going to just crawl up into a ball.

yesterday I ate only protien... and some fruit.. after my morning smoothie.

I can't seem to get on the wagon with enough veggies. My morning smoothie these days has been the only place where I can squeeze in veggies. I have been adding spinach/pepper/cucumber/celery/banana/pear and/or berries. It usually is about 24 ounces or a little more.

This is tough, especially in the afternoon - when I'm crawling the walls with hunger, and want so badly to eat whatever is in the vending machine. I do admit to falling off the wagon several times because of this.

I know we're supposed to load up on veggies, but there are days when I can't seem to look at them unless they're in a smoothie.

Help!? Is this temporary?

I've been off/on primal for several months now - and I am not at all even close to being a fat burner yet.

I have horrid horrid horrid cravings, and am intensely hungry while on Primal, I am not sure how to deal with that either.

EAT! Stop worrying about it and just eat anything that is primal. Eat until you are full then stop. If you get hungry eat some more. You may need to lower the carbs for awhile to get the cravings under control. You are making things way to hard. One more time, EAT!!!

Wow, I typed for too long and a bunch of people said it better in fewer words!

Here's one thing that really helped me when I first started. Buy a big pack of chicken drumsticks and cook them all at once (with the skin on). Put them in the fridge at home and at work. If you get hungry and don't have time to cook eat 1, 2, 3, 4, how ever many it takes to stop being hungry.

Do the same thing with boiled eggs.

I'm not saying to go on an egg and chicken leg diet but these two items are easy to have around and taste pretty good cold (or nuke the chicken for 30 secs if you'd like).

These two things are pretty much how I survived the transition period.

I like the chicken drumsticks and hard boiled eggs suggestion. When I was first starting out eggs were my go to snack. These days an avocado cracked open and sprinkled with a little sea salt is my favourite snack. I love the rich creamy texture. They taste so sinful to me I keep having to remind myself that they are so healthy!

Age: 44, 5' 2", SW: 128 lbs, CW: 118 lbs, Primal since April 2011

“Like religion, politics, and family planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It's too controversial.“
    ~Erma Bombeck

Quote Originally Posted by steffturner View Post
    I like the chicken drumsticks and hard boiled eggs suggestion. When I was first starting out eggs were my go to snack. These days an avocado cracked open and sprinkled with a little sea salt is my favourite snack. I love the rich creamy texture. They taste so sinful to me I keep having to remind myself that they are so healthy!
    I don't remember where I heard it, but someone said that an avocado is a "whole" food - and you could simple live off of it if you needed to.... wasn't the same said of eggs too?

Ya'll are terrific - and it's been super wonderful to get this kind of support!!!
    I want to thank everyone - I just needed this kind of encouragement at this moment.
    Makes me want to go find some bacon!!! Hahahah...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Hey Patski...

Yea, about two weeks ago - my hubby told me I was super stinky during a point where I think I was not eating enough fiber.... I apparently was going into heavy ketosis... but didn't have to strips to check.

it feels like a bit of a balancing act right now... but you're right - I have not been journaling my food.. my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by dgreenwood View Post
    Wow, I typed for too long and a bunch of people said it better in fewer words!

Here's one thing that really helped me when I first started. Buy a big pack of chicken drumsticks and cook them all at once (with the skin on). Put them in the fridge at home and at work. If you get hungry and don't have time to cook eat 1, 2, 3, 4, how ever many it takes to stop being hungry.

Do the same thing with boiled eggs.

I'm not saying to go on an egg and chicken leg diet but these two items are easy to have around and taste pretty good cold (or nuke the chicken for 30 secs if you'd like).

These two things are pretty much how I survived the transition period.

AH - I have been avoiding chicken, mostly because hubby is allergic... but I CAN do that!!! GREAT Idea, we do have a fridge here at work and I can just bring the bag here and stuff it in freezer. GREAT Idea!! Thank you!!!

BUT - your first post was right on target to begin with, and I thank you for that.

MHO: Find your protein or fat. For me it's eggs. They are like some kind of magic protein. I'm famished. I'm ready to eat the paint off the walls. I boil a few eggs (or eat some already boiled and cold) and my hunger goes away. Find yours - it's probably not in a vending machine.

I think if I LOOK at another salad, I'm going to just crawl up into a ball.
    I feel your pain. I don't like salads at all. Except Caesar, the original, and that has croutons, so oh well. Find veggies you like. Skip veggies once in awhile. Grok didn't eat the same foods every day because he was at the mercy of climate and locale. If you don't eat veggies every day, you won't die. Is there another way you like veggies? Mashed? Slathered in butter? Grilled or roasted? That's fine. Grok started cooking for a reason. Some raw stuff tastes like crap.

Don't starve. Eat baby, eat. Plan ahead. Bring stuff to work. The SAD culture is built around shit-food. Don't buy in. Cold meat, canned fish, hb eggs, pickled veggies - easy to pack. Eat, don't starve.

Good luck.

I'll put away my pom poms now.

You do need low-glycemic vegetables, they have vitamins, minerals, fiber, phytonutrients, etc. Saute organic spinach and crack a cage-free egg or 2 in it, lid on for a couple minutes, really good, very filling.